Weber State honoring Scott Bamforth and Frank 'Mook' Otis on senior night
OGDEN — Weber State enters the regular season finale the winner of 10 straight games and still has a slim but existent chance to stake a claim to the Big Sky title.
Montana and Montana State are the two programs standing in Weber's way. The Wildcats need both to fall at home in order to host the Big Sky Tournament next weekend.
More importantly, WSU (23-5, 17-2) needs to close out their home conference schedule unbeaten. Eastern Washington (10-20, 7-12) will look to spoil their unblemished conference home record Saturday at 7 p.m. at the Dee Events Center.
Weber State will honor its two captains, Scott Bamforth and Frank “Mook” Otis, on senior night. They have combined to play 130 games in purple and white.
Bamforth, in his third season in Ogden, has 1,195 career points — two shy of the 12th best mark in school history. With 225 career 3-pointers, Bamforth needs 22 more to become the school’s all-time leader. He’s started all 28 games this season, reaching double figures in 21, and ranks 12th nationally in free-throw percentage.
Otis, who only played in 12 games last year after suffering knee injuries, has started every game this year, ranks eighth nationally in field goal percentage (63 percent) and has scored in double figures 11 times with three double-doubles.
In the first meeting with the Eagles, the ‘Cats rolled to a convincing 74-53 win in Cheney, Wash.
Eastern Washington is led by freshman Venky Jois. The Boronia, Australia, native leads the Eagles in scoring (12.4 ppg) and is the conference-leader in rebounds (9.1 rpg) and blocks (2.4 ppg).
Wildcats on the Air:
Eastern Washington (10-20, 7-12) at Weber State (23-5, 17-2)
Saturday, 7 p.m.
Ogden, Dee Events Center
Online video: bigskytv.org
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @tphibbsami
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18