Utah Jazz: Nothing's happened yet but D-League guard Travis Leslie reportedly headed to Utah
CHICAGO — The Utah Jazz are expected to sign D-League guard Travis Leslie, according to national reports.
That might turn out to be true.
However, the team has not and will not make any moves to its maxed-out roster today, Jazz PR director Jonathan Rinehart said.
In order to do bring on a new player like Leslie, the Jazz would have to cut one player because the team's roster sits at an NBA maximum of 15.
Raja Bell's agent, Herb Rudoy, said the exiled Jazz guard's camp has not heard from the organization about the situation.
Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey offered a "No comment" when asked about the reports from Yahoo! Sports and HoopsWorld.com.
Leslie is a 6-foot-4, 205-pound shooting guard from Georgia who was drafted 47th overall by the Los Angeles Clippers in 2011. He was recently named MVP of the D-League All-Star game.
Leslie currently plays for the Santa Cruz Warriors and is averaging 16.1 points on 51.5 percent shooting, including a 36.5 percent clip from 3-point range.
The 22-year-old averaged 1.4 points, 0.9 rebounds and 0.5 assists in 10 games with the Clippers last season.
Though the Jazz haven't confirmed a potential move, Leslie tweeted this from his personal account (@FlightLeslie23) after reports hit the Internet on Friday afternoon: "Glad to be given this opportunity. Couldn't be here without the man above #GodIsGood."
As it stands, the Jazz have 14 players available for tonight's game for the first time in more than two months. Everybody on the roster except for Bell is in Chicago for tonight's game, although one player will be unable to play because teams can only dress 13 guys.
Asked if he addressed his team about possible lineup changes, Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said the squad has to focus on who's currently on the team and the task at hand.
"We can't worry about any changes," Corbin said. "We are where we are. Whatever happens happens."
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 95
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 63
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 29
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 20
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8