HERRIMAN — Herriman High School's DECA team recently took top honors at the Utah state competition in business and marketing skills.
The team had 28 event finalists and 20 first-place winners and won the Mountain America inaugural DECA Financial Literacy Challenge. That’s where clubs had to compete to create the most effective financial literacy marketing campaign.
The grand prize for winning the Literacy Challenge is $10,000 for Herriman High. DECA students will now decide how to distribute the money in programs throughout the school.
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business jobs
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally?
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter
- Renovation Solutions: Top remodeling projects...
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4 percent
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census reveals...
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek...
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business... 18
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek... 14
- Smith's hopes to pass savings from... 7
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census... 7
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4... 5
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid... 3
- Groups chase air pollution to keep... 2