Ravell Call, Deseret News
DRAPER — A generous donation has provided the new Corner Canyon High School with a "victory light."
Electric-blue lights will shine when the Chargers claim a victory, whether it be athletic or academic. The aim of the light is to unify the community behind the achievements of the school, according to a press release.
“You will be able to see it from all parts of Draper,” said Principal Mary Bailey. “It’s going to be quite special.”
John Martindale, a member of the Corner Canyon School Community Council, whose children will attend the Draper school, provided the financial support through an account established by the now-deceased Martin Elston. Martindale was asked to ensure that the money was used to help people and make the world a better place.
Martindale learned of the school's need for a donor at a Community Council meeting.
Bailey said a plaque commemorating Elston’s support will be placed in the school’s rotunda.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28