Ravell Call, Deseret News
DRAPER — A generous donation has provided the new Corner Canyon High School with a "victory light."
Electric-blue lights will shine when the Chargers claim a victory, whether it be athletic or academic. The aim of the light is to unify the community behind the achievements of the school, according to a press release.
“You will be able to see it from all parts of Draper,” said Principal Mary Bailey. “It’s going to be quite special.”
John Martindale, a member of the Corner Canyon School Community Council, whose children will attend the Draper school, provided the financial support through an account established by the now-deceased Martin Elston. Martindale was asked to ensure that the money was used to help people and make the world a better place.
Martindale learned of the school's need for a donor at a Community Council meeting.
Bailey said a plaque commemorating Elston’s support will be placed in the school’s rotunda.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 285
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 77
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 48
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 38
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37