Ravell Call, Deseret News
DRAPER — A generous donation has provided the new Corner Canyon High School with a "victory light."
Electric-blue lights will shine when the Chargers claim a victory, whether it be athletic or academic. The aim of the light is to unify the community behind the achievements of the school, according to a press release.
“You will be able to see it from all parts of Draper,” said Principal Mary Bailey. “It’s going to be quite special.”
John Martindale, a member of the Corner Canyon School Community Council, whose children will attend the Draper school, provided the financial support through an account established by the now-deceased Martin Elston. Martindale was asked to ensure that the money was used to help people and make the world a better place.
Martindale learned of the school's need for a donor at a Community Council meeting.
Bailey said a plaque commemorating Elston’s support will be placed in the school’s rotunda.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23