Ravell Call, Deseret News
DRAPER — A generous donation has provided the new Corner Canyon High School with a "victory light."
Electric-blue lights will shine when the Chargers claim a victory, whether it be athletic or academic. The aim of the light is to unify the community behind the achievements of the school, according to a press release.
“You will be able to see it from all parts of Draper,” said Principal Mary Bailey. “It’s going to be quite special.”
John Martindale, a member of the Corner Canyon School Community Council, whose children will attend the Draper school, provided the financial support through an account established by the now-deceased Martin Elston. Martindale was asked to ensure that the money was used to help people and make the world a better place.
Martindale learned of the school's need for a donor at a Community Council meeting.
Bailey said a plaque commemorating Elston’s support will be placed in the school’s rotunda.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0