SALT LAKE CITY — A man police say was involved in two highway shootings was charged Thursday in connection with another incident, this time near 600 North and 1200 West on Jan. 12.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, fired eight or nine shots into a vehicle carrying a man he recognized from a prior incident at a bar, according to charges filed in 3rd District Court. Police say the rear window of the car was shattered.
Guizar is charged with four counts of aggravated assault, a third-degree felony, and four counts of discharge of a firearm, a third-degree felony. No on was injured in the shooting.
Guizar previously was charged with two counts of attempted murder, a first-degree felony, possession of a dangerous weapon, a second-degree felony, and three accounts of discharge of a firearm, a third-degree felony.
On Jan. 15, Guizar fired three shots into a vehicle on I-215 near 3500 South, the charges state. No injuries resulted.
The next day, prosecutors say Guizar fired at police officers and a motorist on Legacy Parkway, leading police on a chase through Farmington. He was charged with two more counts of aggravated assault, according to charges. No injuries resulted.
In 2002, Guizar was sentenced to up to five years in the Utah State Prison for aggravated assault related to domestic violence and tampering of a witness or jury member, court records state.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 91
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 18
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 18
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911... 11