SALT LAKE CITY — A man police say was involved in two highway shootings was charged Thursday in connection with another incident, this time near 600 North and 1200 West on Jan. 12.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, fired eight or nine shots into a vehicle carrying a man he recognized from a prior incident at a bar, according to charges filed in 3rd District Court. Police say the rear window of the car was shattered.
Guizar is charged with four counts of aggravated assault, a third-degree felony, and four counts of discharge of a firearm, a third-degree felony. No on was injured in the shooting.
Guizar previously was charged with two counts of attempted murder, a first-degree felony, possession of a dangerous weapon, a second-degree felony, and three accounts of discharge of a firearm, a third-degree felony.
On Jan. 15, Guizar fired three shots into a vehicle on I-215 near 3500 South, the charges state. No injuries resulted.
The next day, prosecutors say Guizar fired at police officers and a motorist on Legacy Parkway, leading police on a chase through Farmington. He was charged with two more counts of aggravated assault, according to charges. No injuries resulted.
In 2002, Guizar was sentenced to up to five years in the Utah State Prison for aggravated assault related to domestic violence and tampering of a witness or jury member, court records state.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to same-sex...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12