SALT LAKE CITY — A man police say was involved in two highway shootings was charged Thursday in connection with another incident, this time near 600 North and 1200 West on Jan. 12.
Marco Antonio Guizar, 37, fired eight or nine shots into a vehicle carrying a man he recognized from a prior incident at a bar, according to charges filed in 3rd District Court. Police say the rear window of the car was shattered.
Guizar is charged with four counts of aggravated assault, a third-degree felony, and four counts of discharge of a firearm, a third-degree felony. No on was injured in the shooting.
Guizar previously was charged with two counts of attempted murder, a first-degree felony, possession of a dangerous weapon, a second-degree felony, and three accounts of discharge of a firearm, a third-degree felony.
On Jan. 15, Guizar fired three shots into a vehicle on I-215 near 3500 South, the charges state. No injuries resulted.
The next day, prosecutors say Guizar fired at police officers and a motorist on Legacy Parkway, leading police on a chase through Farmington. He was charged with two more counts of aggravated assault, according to charges. No injuries resulted.
In 2002, Guizar was sentenced to up to five years in the Utah State Prison for aggravated assault related to domestic violence and tampering of a witness or jury member, court records state.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- 10-month-old girl drowns in bathtub in Eagle...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 64
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 53
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 40
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15