Utah Jazz: Al Jefferson probable for Friday, team feeling good with everyone healthy again
"It's going to be a positive to see everyone come back and be healthy going down the stretch," he said. "The timing couldn't be more perfect. I'd rather that happen early than have it happen late."
With Williams and Jefferson back in the mix, Corbin said he'll keep DeMarre Carroll in the starting small forward position, while Randy Foye and Millsap will round out the first five.
The bad news is that the Jazz went 0-3 with this group starting together earlier in the season.
Corbin said he's looking forward to having this unit play together now for two reasons: "Energy. Speed."
As for the playoff chase, Corbin knows the Lakers rallied to beat the Hornets after trailing by 25 on Wednesday, and notices what Houston and Golden State do ahead of the Jazz, too.
But that's not his biggest concern.
"We pay attention to it, but we've got to worry about what we're doing. If we handle our business, we'll be fine," Corbin said. "We let a couple slip away here. We've got two more here on this trip. We've got to concentrate on Chicago, and we'll go from there."
To New York.
And, if you ask the Jazz, eventually to the playoffs.
"It shows the depth of our team. It show how powerful we can be," said Watson, referring to the Jazz's 18-14 record without Williams in the rotation. "Everyone's roles go back to normal. I think it will make us that (much) better and that much more of a threat."
Big Al said he doesn't listen to the media because they've counted the Jazz out since the beginning of the season. He remains confident.
"We've got a full team back for the first time in 30-something games, so that's a plus," Jefferson said. "We've got two tough games coming up that we need to win. We let two tough ones get away, so we've got to bounce back and try to finish 2-2 on the trip."
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss to...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Doug Robinson: The one position the Utes...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 94
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30