Utahn, Mormon enjoys immunity, reward on 'Survivor: Caramoan — Fans vs. Favorites'
Utahn Dawn Meehan and her tribe of Favorites won both the reward and immunity challenges on Wednesday’s episode of “Survivor: Caramoan — Fans vs. Favorites” that included days 8, 9 and 10 on the island.
The reward was having a local come to their camp and show them how to better live off the land.
“That reward was just out of this world,” Meehan said in an interview posted on the Survivor website. “That was nothing I will never duplicate in my life again.”
He showed them how to better use a machete and different ways to use bamboo. He also helped around camp, including shoring up their shelter.
“He was so joyful and full of energy,” the South Jordan adoptive mother of six and Brigham Young University English professor said. “It made me realize that it takes very little in life to find happiness and energy and that those are things you probably have in you at your core or you don’t.”
Meehan is a Primary teacher in the Founders Park 8th Ward, South Jordan Utah Founders Park Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
At the Fans camp, sand had gotten in Thomas’ eye and host Jeff Probst came in with a medical team. They were concerned the sand had scratched Thomas’ cornea and requested he be pulled from the game.
The immunity challenge involved swimming to a structure and breaking off a ball attached to a key and then using the five keys to open the three locks on a trunk. The trunk held balls to throw at a wall of bricks to knock it down. The Favorites pulled ahead early but the Fans made a respectable comeback. However, it wasn’t enough to win.
Reynold Toepfer, 30, played his hidden immunity idol, as he and 23-year-old Edward “Eddie” Fox, who aren’t in the majority alliance, figured they would be targeted for elimination. They had made the case that Alexander was one of the weakest players and to keep their tribe strong for challenges, she needed to go.
But she was part of the majority alliance.
In the end, her vote was the only one cast for Toepfer and the rest of the tribe voted for Alexander. Their tribe is now down to six players to the Favorites' nine players.
The previews for next week’s episode show 21-year-old Brandon Hantz terrorizing the Favorites camp — something he previously said he would do if he felt he was going home.
“Survivor: Caramoan — Fans vs. Favorites” airs Wednesday evenings on CBS.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- Mormon mom, Mrs. Mexico, sticks to her...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Arizona family shares Christmas greetings...
- Top stories of the year: Mormons who made...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- Defending the Faith: The collective witness...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its... 87
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 86
- Senators introduce bill to protect... 24
- Defending the Faith: The collective... 21
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be... 19
- Putin defends Russian conservative values 18
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 18
- Catholic high school teacher fired... 17