AP, File, Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision
Violence: Creatures that bite or attack seem to be all around in the Land of Oz. One of the witches sends flying baboons to attack people as she pleases. The aftermath of an attack is seen, but there is no blood in this film. Fireworks are shot at some characters. Some characters say they are out to kill a witch.
Fear/peril: The Dark Forrest is just that and contains creatures that could be scary for younger viewers. Oz, the wizard, seems to always be on the run from one dangerous situation to another. The wicked witch can also be frightening for younger audience members since her character is so intense.
Sensuality: Oz is a womanizer. He seems to think he can charm any female. There is a scene where a woman’s blouse comes off and reveals her bustier. It is falsely stated that Oz goes to a woman’s bed chamber and that she can remember how his body felt when they were dancing.
Even though this film is rated PG, there are moments that may be too intense or scary for some young children. If your children are younger than 10, they could be scared by some of the scenes. Be ready to talk with your kids about a person having flaws but still being good.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Ron Perlman added to Salt Lake Comic Con...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:...
- 5 takeaways from a punch-less summer box office
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- EA Sports puts Damian Lillard on the... 2
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 2
- Miley Cyrus about VMA success: 'I'm in... 1
- 10 things to know before going to Salt... 1