AP, File, Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision
Violence: Creatures that bite or attack seem to be all around in the Land of Oz. One of the witches sends flying baboons to attack people as she pleases. The aftermath of an attack is seen, but there is no blood in this film. Fireworks are shot at some characters. Some characters say they are out to kill a witch.
Fear/peril: The Dark Forrest is just that and contains creatures that could be scary for younger viewers. Oz, the wizard, seems to always be on the run from one dangerous situation to another. The wicked witch can also be frightening for younger audience members since her character is so intense.
Sensuality: Oz is a womanizer. He seems to think he can charm any female. There is a scene where a woman’s blouse comes off and reveals her bustier. It is falsely stated that Oz goes to a woman’s bed chamber and that she can remember how his body felt when they were dancing.
Even though this film is rated PG, there are moments that may be too intense or scary for some young children. If your children are younger than 10, they could be scared by some of the scenes. Be ready to talk with your kids about a person having flaws but still being good.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer.
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- NBC announces lead for live musical 'Peter Pan'
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested with...
- A dozen children's books I could read every day
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 11
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested... 1
- George W. Bush writes book about father 1
- Behind the scenes of the Utah... 1