SALT LAKE CITY — The FBI was looking Thursday for a serial bank robber suspected in five robberies in Utah and Idaho.
Since Dec. 21, four banks in Idaho — mainly around the Boise area — and one in Cedar City have been robbed, allegedly by the same man. The robberies include:
• Dec. 21, 2012 - Chase Bank, Boise
• Jan. 4, 2013 - Washington Trust Bank, Garden City, Idaho
• Jan. 22, 2013 - Wells Fargo Bank, Boise
• Feb. 26, 2013 - Mountain America Credit Union, Cedar City
• March 6, 2013 - U.S. Bank, Boise
The Cedar City robbery prompted a temporary lockdown of a nearby middle school.
In each incident, the man walked up to the counter and demanded cash or displayed a note, according to the FBI. The suspect is believed to be between 50 and 60 years old, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing between 145 and 180 pounds. He has gray hair and in one of the Boise robberies was seen wearing a beard that investigators believe was fake.
Anyone with information about the man is asked to call the FBI at 801-579-1400.
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Teen who murdered 2 brothers pleads guilty in...
- Some GOP House members disagree with blocking...
- Prosecutors: Woman killed girlfriend with 46...
- Five sites now under consideration for new...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks out on...
- Police raid empty Salt Lake house after...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 260
- Gov. Herbert: 'Let chips go where they... 70
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 42
- Officer was justified in shooting man... 35
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 32
- House panel approves bill to require... 26
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 23