SALT LAKE CITY — The FBI was looking Thursday for a serial bank robber suspected in five robberies in Utah and Idaho.
Since Dec. 21, four banks in Idaho — mainly around the Boise area — and one in Cedar City have been robbed, allegedly by the same man. The robberies include:
• Dec. 21, 2012 - Chase Bank, Boise
• Jan. 4, 2013 - Washington Trust Bank, Garden City, Idaho
• Jan. 22, 2013 - Wells Fargo Bank, Boise
• Feb. 26, 2013 - Mountain America Credit Union, Cedar City
• March 6, 2013 - U.S. Bank, Boise
The Cedar City robbery prompted a temporary lockdown of a nearby middle school.
In each incident, the man walked up to the counter and demanded cash or displayed a note, according to the FBI. The suspect is believed to be between 50 and 60 years old, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing between 145 and 180 pounds. He has gray hair and in one of the Boise robberies was seen wearing a beard that investigators believe was fake.
Anyone with information about the man is asked to call the FBI at 801-579-1400.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- A year later, a look at the Utah decision on...
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- Police looking for man who allegedly fired at...
- Police searching for two men following...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 75
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 53
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 35
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 29
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16