SALT LAKE CITY — The FBI was looking Thursday for a serial bank robber suspected in five robberies in Utah and Idaho.
Since Dec. 21, four banks in Idaho — mainly around the Boise area — and one in Cedar City have been robbed, allegedly by the same man. The robberies include:
• Dec. 21, 2012 - Chase Bank, Boise
• Jan. 4, 2013 - Washington Trust Bank, Garden City, Idaho
• Jan. 22, 2013 - Wells Fargo Bank, Boise
• Feb. 26, 2013 - Mountain America Credit Union, Cedar City
• March 6, 2013 - U.S. Bank, Boise
The Cedar City robbery prompted a temporary lockdown of a nearby middle school.
In each incident, the man walked up to the counter and demanded cash or displayed a note, according to the FBI. The suspect is believed to be between 50 and 60 years old, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing between 145 and 180 pounds. He has gray hair and in one of the Boise robberies was seen wearing a beard that investigators believe was fake.
Anyone with information about the man is asked to call the FBI at 801-579-1400.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 53
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45