SALT LAKE CITY — The FBI was looking Thursday for a serial bank robber suspected in five robberies in Utah and Idaho.
Since Dec. 21, four banks in Idaho — mainly around the Boise area — and one in Cedar City have been robbed, allegedly by the same man. The robberies include:
• Dec. 21, 2012 - Chase Bank, Boise
• Jan. 4, 2013 - Washington Trust Bank, Garden City, Idaho
• Jan. 22, 2013 - Wells Fargo Bank, Boise
• Feb. 26, 2013 - Mountain America Credit Union, Cedar City
• March 6, 2013 - U.S. Bank, Boise
The Cedar City robbery prompted a temporary lockdown of a nearby middle school.
In each incident, the man walked up to the counter and demanded cash or displayed a note, according to the FBI. The suspect is believed to be between 50 and 60 years old, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing between 145 and 180 pounds. He has gray hair and in one of the Boise robberies was seen wearing a beard that investigators believe was fake.
Anyone with information about the man is asked to call the FBI at 801-579-1400.
- 3 officers file sex harassment lawsuit...
- Mom whose unbuckled child died was cited for...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- BYU homework system crashes, stressing out...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- President Uchtdorf to preside at Clark...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 87
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 55
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 47
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- 3 officers file sex harassment lawsuit... 13
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden... 12