SALT LAKE CITY — Two vehicles, including a Salt Lake police patrol car, were shot Wednesday night.
Investigators announced Thursday they had made three arrests in connection with the case. Peter Ramirez, 20, Beatriz Andrade, 22, and Mark Garcia, 18, were arrested for investigation of illegal discharge of a firearm.
The incident happened just after 11 p.m. near 1200 West and 800 South. A person or persons in a vehicle that drove through the area fired at least seven shots, striking two vehicles, including the police car of an off-duty officer, said Salt Lake Police Lt. James Tracy. No homes or people were hit.
Police are crediting numerous accounts of eyewitnesses who stepped forward and gave investigators information. Based on the descriptions given from witnesses, detectives quickly found the suspect vehicle parked on the side of the street near 1000 West and 600 South, said detective Dennis McGowan. The two men and the woman were taken into custody a short time later without incident.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'None of it matters': Family grateful after...
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14