SALT LAKE CITY — Two vehicles, including a Salt Lake police patrol car, were shot Wednesday night.
Investigators announced Thursday they had made three arrests in connection with the case. Peter Ramirez, 20, Beatriz Andrade, 22, and Mark Garcia, 18, were arrested for investigation of illegal discharge of a firearm.
The incident happened just after 11 p.m. near 1200 West and 800 South. A person or persons in a vehicle that drove through the area fired at least seven shots, striking two vehicles, including the police car of an off-duty officer, said Salt Lake Police Lt. James Tracy. No homes or people were hit.
Police are crediting numerous accounts of eyewitnesses who stepped forward and gave investigators information. Based on the descriptions given from witnesses, detectives quickly found the suspect vehicle parked on the side of the street near 1000 West and 600 South, said detective Dennis McGowan. The two men and the woman were taken into custody a short time later without incident.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Utah’s water future: Develop or... 14
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10