SALT LAKE CITY — Two vehicles, including a Salt Lake police patrol car, were shot Wednesday night.
Investigators announced Thursday they had made three arrests in connection with the case. Peter Ramirez, 20, Beatriz Andrade, 22, and Mark Garcia, 18, were arrested for investigation of illegal discharge of a firearm.
The incident happened just after 11 p.m. near 1200 West and 800 South. A person or persons in a vehicle that drove through the area fired at least seven shots, striking two vehicles, including the police car of an off-duty officer, said Salt Lake Police Lt. James Tracy. No homes or people were hit.
Police are crediting numerous accounts of eyewitnesses who stepped forward and gave investigators information. Based on the descriptions given from witnesses, detectives quickly found the suspect vehicle parked on the side of the street near 1000 West and 600 South, said detective Dennis McGowan. The two men and the woman were taken into custody a short time later without incident.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16