SALT LAKE CITY — Two vehicles, including a Salt Lake police patrol car, were shot Wednesday night.
Investigators announced Thursday they had made three arrests in connection with the case. Peter Ramirez, 20, Beatriz Andrade, 22, and Mark Garcia, 18, were arrested for investigation of illegal discharge of a firearm.
The incident happened just after 11 p.m. near 1200 West and 800 South. A person or persons in a vehicle that drove through the area fired at least seven shots, striking two vehicles, including the police car of an off-duty officer, said Salt Lake Police Lt. James Tracy. No homes or people were hit.
Police are crediting numerous accounts of eyewitnesses who stepped forward and gave investigators information. Based on the descriptions given from witnesses, detectives quickly found the suspect vehicle parked on the side of the street near 1000 West and 600 South, said detective Dennis McGowan. The two men and the woman were taken into custody a short time later without incident.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8