SALT LAKE CITY — Two vehicles, including a Salt Lake police patrol car, were shot Wednesday night.
Investigators announced Thursday they had made three arrests in connection with the case. Peter Ramirez, 20, Beatriz Andrade, 22, and Mark Garcia, 18, were arrested for investigation of illegal discharge of a firearm.
The incident happened just after 11 p.m. near 1200 West and 800 South. A person or persons in a vehicle that drove through the area fired at least seven shots, striking two vehicles, including the police car of an off-duty officer, said Salt Lake Police Lt. James Tracy. No homes or people were hit.
Police are crediting numerous accounts of eyewitnesses who stepped forward and gave investigators information. Based on the descriptions given from witnesses, detectives quickly found the suspect vehicle parked on the side of the street near 1000 West and 600 South, said detective Dennis McGowan. The two men and the woman were taken into custody a short time later without incident.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12