PROVO, Utah – After a weekend in Texas, the No. 39 BYU men’s tennis team returns home to host conference opponent No. 47 San Diego on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. in the BYU Indoor Tennis Courts.
The Cougars (11-4, 1-0 West Coast Conference) face just their second league opponent of the season when the Toreros (6-3, 0-0 WCC) come to Provo.
Patrick Kawka and Francis Sargeant, the No. 50 nationally ranked doubles team, is 10-4 in 2013, including a 5-2 mark in the month of February.
Sophomore Keaton Cullimore has won three consecutive singles matches and has won six of his last seven.
BYU’s No. 3 duo of Cullimore and John Pearce also has a 10-4 record on the season.
San Diego’s Clarke Spinosa, who plays at the No. 3 singles position, is ranked No. 82 nationally and Uros Petronijevic is ranked No. 112. The Toreros are coming off a recent 6-1 loss to No. 2 USC.
Saturday’s match is the Y Game for the year. Admission is free.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24