BYU tennis: women's tennis team faces Oregon and No. 55 Denver
PROVO, Utah – With another doubleheader this weekend, the BYU women’s tennis team looks to improve its strong start by battling Oregon and No. 55 Denver in Eugene, Oregon, this Friday and Saturday.
The Cougars (5-2) face the Ducks (8-1) on Friday at 1 p.m. PST and the Pioneers (6-2) on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. PST.
This trip marks the first of a long stretch of away matches for BYU. Eight of its next nine matches will be on the road.
Freshman Nicolette Tran has started the 2013 season with a 6-1 record, including a dominant 6-1, 6-0 victory last week against Utah’s Elena Najera-Salas. Her only loss came in three sets against Iowa State.
Two of BYU’s doubles teams, No. 2 Mackenna Maddox and Morgan Anderson and No. 3 Aubrey Paul and Desiree Tran, also have a 6-1 mark on the year.
The next home match is March 20 against Portland.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35