BYU tennis: women's tennis team faces Oregon and No. 55 Denver
PROVO, Utah – With another doubleheader this weekend, the BYU women’s tennis team looks to improve its strong start by battling Oregon and No. 55 Denver in Eugene, Oregon, this Friday and Saturday.
The Cougars (5-2) face the Ducks (8-1) on Friday at 1 p.m. PST and the Pioneers (6-2) on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. PST.
This trip marks the first of a long stretch of away matches for BYU. Eight of its next nine matches will be on the road.
Freshman Nicolette Tran has started the 2013 season with a 6-1 record, including a dominant 6-1, 6-0 victory last week against Utah’s Elena Najera-Salas. Her only loss came in three sets against Iowa State.
Two of BYU’s doubles teams, No. 2 Mackenna Maddox and Morgan Anderson and No. 3 Aubrey Paul and Desiree Tran, also have a 6-1 mark on the year.
The next home match is March 20 against Portland.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- RSL hangs on to defeat Houston, thanks to...
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- Hollis: Past Jazz players vs. the current...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 101
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 70
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 30
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 28
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 20
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14