BYU tennis: women's tennis team faces Oregon and No. 55 Denver
PROVO, Utah – With another doubleheader this weekend, the BYU women’s tennis team looks to improve its strong start by battling Oregon and No. 55 Denver in Eugene, Oregon, this Friday and Saturday.
The Cougars (5-2) face the Ducks (8-1) on Friday at 1 p.m. PST and the Pioneers (6-2) on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. PST.
This trip marks the first of a long stretch of away matches for BYU. Eight of its next nine matches will be on the road.
Freshman Nicolette Tran has started the 2013 season with a 6-1 record, including a dominant 6-1, 6-0 victory last week against Utah’s Elena Najera-Salas. Her only loss came in three sets against Iowa State.
Two of BYU’s doubles teams, No. 2 Mackenna Maddox and Morgan Anderson and No. 3 Aubrey Paul and Desiree Tran, also have a 6-1 mark on the year.
The next home match is March 20 against Portland.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 30
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 22
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22