BYU tennis: women's tennis team faces Oregon and No. 55 Denver
PROVO, Utah – With another doubleheader this weekend, the BYU women’s tennis team looks to improve its strong start by battling Oregon and No. 55 Denver in Eugene, Oregon, this Friday and Saturday.
The Cougars (5-2) face the Ducks (8-1) on Friday at 1 p.m. PST and the Pioneers (6-2) on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. PST.
This trip marks the first of a long stretch of away matches for BYU. Eight of its next nine matches will be on the road.
Freshman Nicolette Tran has started the 2013 season with a 6-1 record, including a dominant 6-1, 6-0 victory last week against Utah’s Elena Najera-Salas. Her only loss came in three sets against Iowa State.
Two of BYU’s doubles teams, No. 2 Mackenna Maddox and Morgan Anderson and No. 3 Aubrey Paul and Desiree Tran, also have a 6-1 mark on the year.
The next home match is March 20 against Portland.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41