BYU tennis: women's tennis team faces Oregon and No. 55 Denver
PROVO, Utah – With another doubleheader this weekend, the BYU women’s tennis team looks to improve its strong start by battling Oregon and No. 55 Denver in Eugene, Oregon, this Friday and Saturday.
The Cougars (5-2) face the Ducks (8-1) on Friday at 1 p.m. PST and the Pioneers (6-2) on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. PST.
This trip marks the first of a long stretch of away matches for BYU. Eight of its next nine matches will be on the road.
Freshman Nicolette Tran has started the 2013 season with a 6-1 record, including a dominant 6-1, 6-0 victory last week against Utah’s Elena Najera-Salas. Her only loss came in three sets against Iowa State.
Two of BYU’s doubles teams, No. 2 Mackenna Maddox and Morgan Anderson and No. 3 Aubrey Paul and Desiree Tran, also have a 6-1 mark on the year.
The next home match is March 20 against Portland.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16