Man robbed 12-year-old, broke police window with head, officers say
SALT LAKE CITY — Police arrested a man Tuesday after he allegedly assaulted his girlfriend, stole a necklace from a 12-year-old and smashed the window of a police vehicle with his head.
Salt Lake police were called to the area of 1200 North and Brigadier Circle around 8 a.m. on reports of both a domestic incident and a robbery. Angelo Kirstine, 19, had assaulted his girlfriend, bruising her face, before leaving their residence, said Salt Lake police detective Dennis McGowan.
"It was a dynamic situation," McGowan said. "The suspect was driving around the area and running and walking around the area within a block of the domestic violence incident and saw this youngster."
The man brandished a knife and demanded that the 12-year-old boy give him his gold necklace. The boy complied and was not injured.
Police arrived at the scene soon after and arrested Kirstine. The man then began banging his head against the police car window and eventually broke it.
"He was trying to get out of the car," McGowan said. "He was combative."
Both Kirstine and his girlfriend suffered minor injuries but refused medical treatment. Kirstine was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated robbery, domestic violence assault, damaging a jail, fleeing, consumption of alcohol by a minor and driving with a revoked registration.
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 37
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9