Man robbed 12-year-old, broke police window with head, officers say
SALT LAKE CITY — Police arrested a man Tuesday after he allegedly assaulted his girlfriend, stole a necklace from a 12-year-old and smashed the window of a police vehicle with his head.
Salt Lake police were called to the area of 1200 North and Brigadier Circle around 8 a.m. on reports of both a domestic incident and a robbery. Angelo Kirstine, 19, had assaulted his girlfriend, bruising her face, before leaving their residence, said Salt Lake police detective Dennis McGowan.
"It was a dynamic situation," McGowan said. "The suspect was driving around the area and running and walking around the area within a block of the domestic violence incident and saw this youngster."
The man brandished a knife and demanded that the 12-year-old boy give him his gold necklace. The boy complied and was not injured.
Police arrived at the scene soon after and arrested Kirstine. The man then began banging his head against the police car window and eventually broke it.
"He was trying to get out of the car," McGowan said. "He was combative."
Both Kirstine and his girlfriend suffered minor injuries but refused medical treatment. Kirstine was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated robbery, domestic violence assault, damaging a jail, fleeing, consumption of alcohol by a minor and driving with a revoked registration.
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- West Nile activity discovered in four Utah...
- Ogden police shoot dog that was allegedly...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 21
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12