Westminster basketball: Jake Orchard named First Team All-Frontier Conference
WHITEFISH, Mont. — Jake Orchard from the Westminster College men’s basketball team was named First Team All-Frontier Conference, commissioner Kent Paulson announced Wednesday. Orchard was the only Griffin to receive an end of the year award from the league.
Orchard led the Griffins in scoring this season at 13.6 points per game. The senior from Salt Lake City shoots 47.1 percent from the field and 40.7 percent from beyond the arc. He was tops on the team with 83 assists and 56 steals, and places 22nd in the NAIA with a 2.13 assist-to-turnover ratio.
This is the third straight season that Orchard has been named to the All-Frontier first team. He joins Danny Reeder as the only Griffin to make the top team on three occasions.
Westminster holds a 22-8 overall record and is on the bubble of receiving an at-large invite into the NAIA National Championships. The field of 32 for the NAIA Tournament will be announced Wednesday evening live at NAIA.org starting at approximately 6:15 p.m. MST.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Cougars take center stage...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 36
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 25