Westminster basketball: Jake Orchard named First Team All-Frontier Conference
WHITEFISH, Mont. — Jake Orchard from the Westminster College men’s basketball team was named First Team All-Frontier Conference, commissioner Kent Paulson announced Wednesday. Orchard was the only Griffin to receive an end of the year award from the league.
Orchard led the Griffins in scoring this season at 13.6 points per game. The senior from Salt Lake City shoots 47.1 percent from the field and 40.7 percent from beyond the arc. He was tops on the team with 83 assists and 56 steals, and places 22nd in the NAIA with a 2.13 assist-to-turnover ratio.
This is the third straight season that Orchard has been named to the All-Frontier first team. He joins Danny Reeder as the only Griffin to make the top team on three occasions.
Westminster holds a 22-8 overall record and is on the bubble of receiving an at-large invite into the NAIA National Championships. The field of 32 for the NAIA Tournament will be announced Wednesday evening live at NAIA.org starting at approximately 6:15 p.m. MST.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27