Westminster basketball: Jake Orchard named First Team All-Frontier Conference
WHITEFISH, Mont. — Jake Orchard from the Westminster College men’s basketball team was named First Team All-Frontier Conference, commissioner Kent Paulson announced Wednesday. Orchard was the only Griffin to receive an end of the year award from the league.
Orchard led the Griffins in scoring this season at 13.6 points per game. The senior from Salt Lake City shoots 47.1 percent from the field and 40.7 percent from beyond the arc. He was tops on the team with 83 assists and 56 steals, and places 22nd in the NAIA with a 2.13 assist-to-turnover ratio.
This is the third straight season that Orchard has been named to the All-Frontier first team. He joins Danny Reeder as the only Griffin to make the top team on three occasions.
Westminster holds a 22-8 overall record and is on the bubble of receiving an at-large invite into the NAIA National Championships. The field of 32 for the NAIA Tournament will be announced Wednesday evening live at NAIA.org starting at approximately 6:15 p.m. MST.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 38
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25