Westminster basketball: Jake Orchard named First Team All-Frontier Conference
WHITEFISH, Mont. — Jake Orchard from the Westminster College men’s basketball team was named First Team All-Frontier Conference, commissioner Kent Paulson announced Wednesday. Orchard was the only Griffin to receive an end of the year award from the league.
Orchard led the Griffins in scoring this season at 13.6 points per game. The senior from Salt Lake City shoots 47.1 percent from the field and 40.7 percent from beyond the arc. He was tops on the team with 83 assists and 56 steals, and places 22nd in the NAIA with a 2.13 assist-to-turnover ratio.
This is the third straight season that Orchard has been named to the All-Frontier first team. He joins Danny Reeder as the only Griffin to make the top team on three occasions.
Westminster holds a 22-8 overall record and is on the bubble of receiving an at-large invite into the NAIA National Championships. The field of 32 for the NAIA Tournament will be announced Wednesday evening live at NAIA.org starting at approximately 6:15 p.m. MST.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24