Westminster basketball: Jake Orchard named First Team All-Frontier Conference
WHITEFISH, Mont. — Jake Orchard from the Westminster College men’s basketball team was named First Team All-Frontier Conference, commissioner Kent Paulson announced Wednesday. Orchard was the only Griffin to receive an end of the year award from the league.
Orchard led the Griffins in scoring this season at 13.6 points per game. The senior from Salt Lake City shoots 47.1 percent from the field and 40.7 percent from beyond the arc. He was tops on the team with 83 assists and 56 steals, and places 22nd in the NAIA with a 2.13 assist-to-turnover ratio.
This is the third straight season that Orchard has been named to the All-Frontier first team. He joins Danny Reeder as the only Griffin to make the top team on three occasions.
Westminster holds a 22-8 overall record and is on the bubble of receiving an at-large invite into the NAIA National Championships. The field of 32 for the NAIA Tournament will be announced Wednesday evening live at NAIA.org starting at approximately 6:15 p.m. MST.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26