USU soccer: Aggie soccer player Natalie Norris invited to FC Kansas City preseason training camp
Utah State defender Natalie Norris was invited back to participate in preseason training camp for the newly formed FC Kansas City, which is part of the National Women's Soccer League.
At the preseason training camp, she will compete for a spot on the roster for the inaugural season of the NWSL.
“We are all so proud and excited for Natalie. She has excelled here at Utah State and has worked tremendously hard to earn the opportunity to prove herself at the next level,” USU head coach Heather Cairns said.
FC Kansas City will host the opening game of the league’s inaugural season of the NWSL on April 13 at 6:35 p.m. (MT) at Shawnee Mission District Stadium. The Blues will play Portland Thorns FC in a matchup between two of the league’s premiere franchises. The remaining six NWSL teams will play their opening games on April 14. The Thorns are led by Olympian Alex Morgan.
A Sandy, Utah native, Norris had a highly decorated Utah State career. Norris was named the Western Athletic Conference Tournament Most Valuable Player after leading Utah State to its second-straight WAC tournament title in November. Norris earned the WAC Defensive Player of the Year award three-straight seasons, leading the Aggies to a 13-3-6 record. A three-time all-WAC first team selection, Norris was the mainstay of a Utah State defense that allowed 13 goals.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 33
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 18
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14