Children's Miracle Network CEO gets head shaved as staff shatters fundraising goal
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Children's Miracle Network Hospitals employees were buzzing with pride on Tuesday.
The President and CEO of Children's Miracle Network, John Lauck, had his head shaved at the nonprofit's headquarters in Salt Lake City to follow through on a bet he made with the corporate staff last year. He said he'd shave his head if they exceeded their 2012 fundraising goal of approximately $290 million.
Children's Miracle Network found out last week that it surpassed the goal and raised a record-breaking $300 million.
Great Clips hairstylist Juliana Lindsay did the honors. Great Clips has raised approximately $500,000 for Children's Miracle Network in 2012 via cut-a-thons and other events.
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- Internet billionaires face off in renewed...
- Can a company really be altruistic?
- Uber, Lyft refuse to require driver fingerprints
- What could McDonald's do to fix its business?
- Technology and outdoor sports converge at...
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- Utah construction companies fined,... 8
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 4
- Photos: Sharing birthday wishes 2
- First lady: Tech industry to train,... 1
- Greece under fire from creditors as... 1
- Diet Pepsi dropping aspartame on... 1