Children's Miracle Network CEO gets head shaved as staff shatters fundraising goal
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Children's Miracle Network Hospitals employees were buzzing with pride on Tuesday.
The President and CEO of Children's Miracle Network, John Lauck, had his head shaved at the nonprofit's headquarters in Salt Lake City to follow through on a bet he made with the corporate staff last year. He said he'd shave his head if they exceeded their 2012 fundraising goal of approximately $290 million.
Children's Miracle Network found out last week that it surpassed the goal and raised a record-breaking $300 million.
Great Clips hairstylist Juliana Lindsay did the honors. Great Clips has raised approximately $500,000 for Children's Miracle Network in 2012 via cut-a-thons and other events.
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- The Draw at Sugar House unveiled
- Obama says health care program is stable
- Utah-based company to promote U.S. on grand...
- Houweling's Tomatoes to build Juab County...
- Senators strike bipartisan jobless benefits deal
- Legislature says 'go' on convention hotel,...
- Amsterdam canal house built with 3-D printer
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 29
- Obama says health care program is stable 12
- Official: Obama to push for more... 7
- Commuter rail travel increased from... 7
- White House promotes economic issues... 5
- Europe: You can't use the name Parmesan... 4
- Randy Shumway: China is a vital... 4