Children's Miracle Network CEO gets head shaved as staff shatters fundraising goal
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Children's Miracle Network Hospitals employees were buzzing with pride on Tuesday.
The President and CEO of Children's Miracle Network, John Lauck, had his head shaved at the nonprofit's headquarters in Salt Lake City to follow through on a bet he made with the corporate staff last year. He said he'd shave his head if they exceeded their 2012 fundraising goal of approximately $290 million.
Children's Miracle Network found out last week that it surpassed the goal and raised a record-breaking $300 million.
Great Clips hairstylist Juliana Lindsay did the honors. Great Clips has raised approximately $500,000 for Children's Miracle Network in 2012 via cut-a-thons and other events.
- Lehi-based Vivint debuts innovation facility
- Q&A: Journalist Dan Rather speaks on courage...
- Government ups air bag warning to 7.8M vehicles
- CVS tacks tobacco payment to prescription...
- Lower gas prices could mean economic impact...
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the workplace....
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination law...
- Dave Ramsey says: Keep expectations clear...
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Customer decline hits McDonald's sales,... 4
- Lower gas prices could mean economic... 3
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 3
- Another year, another small Social... 2
- Survey: Harassment a common part of... 2
- Q&A: Journalist Dan Rather speaks on... 2
- Dave Ramsey says: Keep expectations... 1