Children's Miracle Network CEO gets head shaved as staff shatters fundraising goal
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Children's Miracle Network Hospitals employees were buzzing with pride on Tuesday.
The President and CEO of Children's Miracle Network, John Lauck, had his head shaved at the nonprofit's headquarters in Salt Lake City to follow through on a bet he made with the corporate staff last year. He said he'd shave his head if they exceeded their 2012 fundraising goal of approximately $290 million.
Children's Miracle Network found out last week that it surpassed the goal and raised a record-breaking $300 million.
Great Clips hairstylist Juliana Lindsay did the honors. Great Clips has raised approximately $500,000 for Children's Miracle Network in 2012 via cut-a-thons and other events.
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong weeks...
- Writers offer personal finance advice to Obama
- New app helps consumers purchase products...
- Dick Harmon: Utah analytics company breaks...
- West Davis Corridor project unveiled amid...
- Former middle-class moms choose new identity...
- Two new hotels announced for downtown Salt...
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- Writers offer personal finance advice... 26
- New app helps consumers purchase... 9
- Obama: 'Our focus cannot drift' from... 8
- West Davis Corridor project unveiled... 6
- Tea party tax returns show small... 5
- IRS probe ignored most influential... 5
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong... 5
- BLM proposes to open lands near Vernal... 4