Children's Miracle Network CEO gets head shaved as staff shatters fundraising goal
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Children's Miracle Network Hospitals employees were buzzing with pride on Tuesday.
The President and CEO of Children's Miracle Network, John Lauck, had his head shaved at the nonprofit's headquarters in Salt Lake City to follow through on a bet he made with the corporate staff last year. He said he'd shave his head if they exceeded their 2012 fundraising goal of approximately $290 million.
Children's Miracle Network found out last week that it surpassed the goal and raised a record-breaking $300 million.
Great Clips hairstylist Juliana Lindsay did the honors. Great Clips has raised approximately $500,000 for Children's Miracle Network in 2012 via cut-a-thons and other events.
- Salt Lake chef wins round in 'Holiday Baking...
- 5 Utah E. coli cases linked to Costco chicken...
- In time for the holidays, S.L. Comic Con...
- 5 ways you drive away millennial employees
- Dave Ramsey says: Include minor car repairs...
- Feds: Utah companies accused of conducting...
- Mark Zuckerberg is taking two months...
- Man killed in Salt Lake industrial accident
- 5 ways you drive away millennial employees 14
- Former Eagle Gate College instructor... 10
- Pfizer, Allergan $160B deal forms... 6
- Utah liquor commission going slow on... 4
- Russian military says its bombing... 3
- Confusion over ISIS name leads to... 2
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.6... 1
- Balancing act: Pause, reflect on... 1