GLEN CANYON NATIONAL RECREATION AREA — The Lees Ferry entry road to Glen Canyon National Recreation Area will be under construction beginning Monday, March 11. The project has a tentative completion date of Sept. 6.
The $6.5 million Federal Highway Administration project will replace all surfacing and improve drainage along the 5.75 miles of roadway from U.S. 89 to the parking and launch ramp area at the Colorado River.
The project will enhance safety, improve road drainage, reduce erosion and stabilize the banks near the Paria River Bridge and along the Paria River west shore.
Single-lane traffic controlled by flaggers will be maintained throughout the duration of the project. Work will occur 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, with delays of up to 30 minutes. Facilities within the Lees Ferry area will be accessible throughout construction.
Updates will be posted on the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area website at www.nps.gov/glca.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 52
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 28
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12