Man hospitalized after stabbing at assisted living center
OGDEN — Police say a 24-year-old man was stabbed multiple times inside an assisted living center early Tuesday.
The man, whose name was not immediately available, was being treated at McKay-Dee Hospital for what police called non-life threatening wounds despite being stabbed twice in the chest, once in the back, the hand and a bicep, said Ogden Police Sgt. Chad Ledford.
Several people were inside a room at St. Benedicts Manor Apartment building, 3000 Polk Ave., when a fight broke out, Ledford said. None of the occupants of the room actually lived there. A relative of the woman who owned the apartment, who was in the hospital, was supposed to be taking care of the room, he said.
"Something happened, a fight broke out. (The victim) claims he was attacked and stabbed," Ledford said.
The man then went "yelling and screaming through the halls" just after 6 a.m., prompting several calls to 911.
The man was taken to the hospital but was not being very cooperative with police detectives, Ledford said. Additionally, a woman was taken in for questioning. Police were looking for other suspects and the weapon allegedly used in the attack.
Ledford said the St. Benedicts Manor Apartments are used for seniors and those with mental and physical disabilities.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 47
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 44
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 15
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 15
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7