MIDVALE — Wasatch Front Waste and Recycling District, formerly known as Salt Lake County Sanitation, has announced billing changes that will impact how its 81,000 customers in the Salt Lake Valley pay for garbage and recycling service.
Rather than having sanitation fees included on residents' property tax statement as in years past, Wasatch Front Waste is legally required to collect the fee separately. During February and March, residents of Taylorsville, Herriman, Cottonwood Heights, Holladay, a portion of Murray, and unincorporated Salt Lake County will receive a bill for their 2013 sanitation services.
“To make it as easy as possible on our customers, they can pay in one, two, or six payments,” said Pam Roberts, executive director of Wasatch Front Waste. She stressed that while the payment method has changed, the rates have not changed from 2012.
Roberts said customers can pay by check, credit card, or have automatic withdrawals set up through Xpress Bill Pay. The 2013 fee must be paid in full by Aug. 15.
Wasatch Front Waste became a separate entity from Salt Lake County effective Jan. 1. The Salt Lake County Council made this change to bring control of garbage and recycling pickup closer to the people.
Customers can email Wasatch Front Waste with additional questions at email@example.com or visit their website at wasatchfrontwaste.org.
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job...
- Young entrepreneurs strut their stuff in bid...
- Astronauts board space station for 1-year...
- Salt Lake City to become next Google Fiber city
- Park City approves lift connecting 2 ski resorts
- Bill before Utah governor to regulate...
- Internet outages reveal gaps in US broadband...
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- UTA board approves new pay plan for... 11
- AP Investigation: Slavery taints global... 6
- Oil council: Shale won't last, Arctic... 3
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt... 3
- Internet outages reveal gaps in US... 2
- Astronauts board space station for... 2
- Stericycle medical waste incinerator... 2