Morning schedules can be frenetic when you have young children. In our house, I remember being rudely (but pleasantly) awakened from a short night’s sleep every morning at 5:30 when vigorous piano practicing started on the other side of our bedroom wall. While the older kids tried to share their time on the piano, then shower, eat breakfast and get out the door on time for school, the younger two tried to work their own routines into the mix. Add in minutes for some spirituality, driving time, last-minute homework and chores — and many parents are ready for a nap when the day’s barely begun.
This Sunday on “Mormon Times TV,” an inventive young mother will be along to explain how you can squeeze in time for a daily morning devotional that’s quick, easy, and will help you armor your children with Christian values every day before leaving home.
You’ll also have the chance to meet the reigning Miss Utah and see why she believes she’s “on a mission with a crown.” Kara Arnold talks about her efforts to help children, how she viewed her Miss America Pageant experience, and what’s in her future.
And speaking of beauty — what defines it? And how can women be more accepting of themselves as they are and not allowing worldly opinions to tell us we’re not enough? On our Sunday, March 10, show, you’ll find out how to understand your true worth as we “redefine” beauty. Plus you’ll see how some young men’s groups are paying tribute to the real beauty they see in young women.
We’ll also look at Salt Lake City architecture and see how early leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints were able to build a stylish city unlike any other in America.
The “Mormon Times TV" television show airs weekly on Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL TV/Channel 5 following the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast. It can also be viewed online at mormontimestv.ksl.com, where you can see past episodes. You can check us out on YouTube at youtube.com/mormontimes, where it’s easier than ever to view and share inspiring stories from the show. And we invite you to follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/MormonTimesTV and join in the conversation.
We’re always looking for uplifting, inspirational stories that involve people of the LDS faith. If you have some ideas you’d like to share with us, drop me an email at email@example.com.
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- LDS Church dedicates Deseret Mill and Pasta...
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland: 'Faith, Family and...
- LDS girl's imagination takes viewers of a new...
- Athletes, artists and LDS apostles: 46...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- LDS university president receives national...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 263
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 91
- Defending the Faith: Even in science,... 67
- Why I make my kids go to church 45
- LDS missionaries distribute 2,400... 19
- LDS university president receives... 16
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 11
- Number of senior Mormon missionaries... 7