WEST VALLEY CITY — The Hispanic Woman's Expo, or Expo Mujer Utah, will be held to mark International Women's Day.
The event is Saturday, March 16, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center 1355 W. 3100 South. It is free and open to the public and is sponsored by Hispanic Media Services Inc.
The expo will have booths offering services to women as well as educational seminars on subjects including health, finances, mental health and positive attitude. The seminars will be given in Spanish to all attendees at no charge.
The keynote speaker is Gabriela Garcia, who came from a dysfunctional family, grew up in gangs and had her first child when she was just 16 years old. She has turned her life around, graduated from college and is working in the court systems as an interpreter coordinator and serves as an advocate for the Justice Department in West Valley City.
This program includes live music, food, entertainment by local artists, contests and drawings. Some booth spaces are still available. For more information, call 801-883-9428 or 801-750-1767.
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon for...
- Walmart to cease sales of semiautomatic rifles
- Delta to offer nonstop flights from Salt Lake...
- Utah native and Lovesac founder's life is...
- Dave Ramsey says: Dave Ramsey: Use good...
- Impasse left DirecTV customers without KSL
- Michelle Singletary: Students should use...
- Natalie Gochnour: Salt Lake City is earning a...
- US stocks pare losses after 1,000-point... 15
- 'A war on talent': Jobless rate at 3.6... 15
- Utahns want diverse housing,... 9
- Walmart to cease sales of semiautomatic... 8
- Teens are shopping more like their... 6
- Why you don't need to panic about... 3
- Delta to offer nonstop flights from... 3
- Cheating site Ashley Madison offers... 2