WEST VALLEY CITY — The Hispanic Woman's Expo, or Expo Mujer Utah, will be held to mark International Women's Day.
The event is Saturday, March 16, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center 1355 W. 3100 South. It is free and open to the public and is sponsored by Hispanic Media Services Inc.
The expo will have booths offering services to women as well as educational seminars on subjects including health, finances, mental health and positive attitude. The seminars will be given in Spanish to all attendees at no charge.
The keynote speaker is Gabriela Garcia, who came from a dysfunctional family, grew up in gangs and had her first child when she was just 16 years old. She has turned her life around, graduated from college and is working in the court systems as an interpreter coordinator and serves as an advocate for the Justice Department in West Valley City.
This program includes live music, food, entertainment by local artists, contests and drawings. Some booth spaces are still available. For more information, call 801-883-9428 or 801-750-1767.
- Rebate or tax credit? Clean air proposal...
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- Guilty verdict in peanut trial should send...
- Riverton Hospital expansion aims to meet...
- Burger King Japan's latest meal is the new black
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 4
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2