Corbin looks forward to getting the pace of Williams' game back. He also needs a starting point guard to help the other players get easier shots.
"It's a possibility," Corbin said, "if he doesn't have any soreness overnight and gets through shootaround tomorrow."
Corbin said Utah isn't desperate for Williams to return after being out since Dec. 22 when he tore ligaments in his thumb, requiring a Jan. 4 surgery.
But the Jazz point guards have struggled mightily of late, and the team has been forced to use an out of position Alec Burks during key stretches. The second-year guard had six turnovers Monday.
Tinsley left the team before Monday's game to attend a funeral and is expected to return in time for the game against the Cavaliers.
"We'd like to have all of our guys back as soon as we can," Corbin said when asked about Williams' possible return. "It's better for us. We'd like to have as many choices as we can. If he can play, he'll play. If not, we'll move on."
The Jazz, losers of four of five games, have slipped to the eighth spot in the Western Conference playoff race. Utah (32-28) is a half-game behind No. 7 Houston (33-28) but only two games ahead of the surging Lakers (30-30).
And until he gets all of his veterans back — and probably even after that happens — Corbin will rely on youngsters like Kanter, Favors, Burks, Gordon Hayward and DeMarre Carroll to make that push to the playoffs, mistakes and all.
"The guys effort has been tremendous," Corbin said. "You've got to work your way through it."
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but plenty of...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with one-year...
- BYU men's volleyball: Cougars trounce the...
- No stranger to struggle: Cottonwood's Cooper...
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating from...
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep Utah...
- Utah football: Ute offense shines in...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 62
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 58
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 56
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters... 24
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 18
- Brad Rock: Jazz: Sign Gordon Hayward to... 17
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 17
- Utah Jazz: Trey Burke scores career... 15