Utah Jazz: Big Al 'doubtful,' Mo 'out,' Corbin defensive
Corbin looks forward to getting the pace of Williams' game back. He also needs a starting point guard to help the other players get easier shots.
"It's a possibility," Corbin said, "if he doesn't have any soreness overnight and gets through shootaround tomorrow."
Corbin said Utah isn't desperate for Williams to return after being out since Dec. 22 when he tore ligaments in his thumb, requiring a Jan. 4 surgery.
But the Jazz point guards have struggled mightily of late, and the team has been forced to use an out of position Alec Burks during key stretches. The second-year guard had six turnovers Monday.
Tinsley left the team before Monday's game to attend a funeral and is expected to return in time for the game against the Cavaliers.
"We'd like to have all of our guys back as soon as we can," Corbin said when asked about Williams' possible return. "It's better for us. We'd like to have as many choices as we can. If he can play, he'll play. If not, we'll move on."
The Jazz, losers of four of five games, have slipped to the eighth spot in the Western Conference playoff race. Utah (32-28) is a half-game behind No. 7 Houston (33-28) but only two games ahead of the surging Lakers (30-30).
And until he gets all of his veterans back — and probably even after that happens — Corbin will rely on youngsters like Kanter, Favors, Burks, Gordon Hayward and DeMarre Carroll to make that push to the playoffs, mistakes and all.
"The guys effort has been tremendous," Corbin said. "You've got to work your way through it."
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 45
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 44
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42