Brian Nicholson, OKespa–ol
The best time to look for a college scholarship is before March in a high school student’s senior year, according to a recent study by NerdScholar.
The study looked at 5,864 private scholarships. Of these, 25 percent had deadlines in March. This also accounted for the largest pool of money available, which means the best time of the year to apply for scholarship is in March, according to the article.
For high school juniors and seniors, the availability of scholarships is more than 10 times greater than other times in a student’s life. Women also have four times more scholarship options than men.
However, gender and ethnicity had less important sway on scholarship options than a student’s home state or the area of study. Location restrictions account for 40 percent of scholarships, the area of study restricts 37 percent, but only 5 percent relate to gender, and 6 percent to ethnicity restrictions.
- These three countries offer insights into the...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally?
- Young widows speak out about managing grief,...
- Is the 40-hour workweek falling out of fashion?
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek...
- What do you really get for a $7,000 Tesla...
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead guilty to...
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek... 13
- Lease or buy: That's the (car) question 11
- Clinton says childcare needs to be a... 8
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- Tipping is more than just a kind... 5
- Study: 23 pct of US adults with health... 3
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid... 3