Brian Nicholson, OKespa–ol
The best time to look for a college scholarship is before March in a high school student’s senior year, according to a recent study by NerdScholar.
The study looked at 5,864 private scholarships. Of these, 25 percent had deadlines in March. This also accounted for the largest pool of money available, which means the best time of the year to apply for scholarship is in March, according to the article.
For high school juniors and seniors, the availability of scholarships is more than 10 times greater than other times in a student’s life. Women also have four times more scholarship options than men.
However, gender and ethnicity had less important sway on scholarship options than a student’s home state or the area of study. Location restrictions account for 40 percent of scholarships, the area of study restricts 37 percent, but only 5 percent relate to gender, and 6 percent to ethnicity restrictions.
- US growth is thought to have rebounded in...
- Italian banks under glare as EU stress tests...
- Officials encourage travelers not to shun...
- Dave Ramsey says: Knowing when to raise prices
- Michelle Singletary: Tying the knot shouldn't...
- How to recognize the signs of a scam artist
- Sturt & Nordstrom: Pokemon Go says something...
- Utah among 'most successful states';...
- How to recognize the signs of a scam... 5
- US growth is thought to have rebounded... 1
- Michelle Singletary: Tying the knot... 1
- Italian banks under glare as EU stress... 0
- Officials encourage travelers not to... 0
- Dave Ramsey says: Knowing when to raise... 0
- Sturt & Nordstrom: Pokemon Go says... 0
- Utah among 'most successful states';... 0