Brian Nicholson, OKespa–ol
The best time to look for a college scholarship is before March in a high school student’s senior year, according to a recent study by NerdScholar.
The study looked at 5,864 private scholarships. Of these, 25 percent had deadlines in March. This also accounted for the largest pool of money available, which means the best time of the year to apply for scholarship is in March, according to the article.
For high school juniors and seniors, the availability of scholarships is more than 10 times greater than other times in a student’s life. Women also have four times more scholarship options than men.
However, gender and ethnicity had less important sway on scholarship options than a student’s home state or the area of study. Location restrictions account for 40 percent of scholarships, the area of study restricts 37 percent, but only 5 percent relate to gender, and 6 percent to ethnicity restrictions.
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Why starting a garden doesn't save you money
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6
- Why babies are expensive, but could save you...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- How much America wants to be taxed
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,...
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 42
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- How much America wants to be taxed 6
- Why starting a garden doesn't save you... 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4