SALT LAKE CITY — A man was arrested at a downtown motel Wednesday afternoon for his alleged involvement in a violent crime in Idaho.
Salt Lake City police found the man about 1 p.m. at Motel 6, 176 W. 600 South, after receiving a tip from police in Gooding, Idaho. Police there say the man is being investigated for involvement in an assault and possible homicide.
Salt Lake City police spotted a car matching the description by Idaho police and conducted a door-to-door search for two men at the motel. Police found only one of the men, whose name was not immediately released.
Salt Lake City police detective Rick Wall said he doesn't believe residents face an imminent threat.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 13