SALT LAKE CITY — A man was arrested at a downtown motel Wednesday afternoon for his alleged involvement in a violent crime in Idaho.
Salt Lake City police found the man about 1 p.m. at Motel 6, 176 W. 600 South, after receiving a tip from police in Gooding, Idaho. Police there say the man is being investigated for involvement in an assault and possible homicide.
Salt Lake City police spotted a car matching the description by Idaho police and conducted a door-to-door search for two men at the motel. Police found only one of the men, whose name was not immediately released.
Salt Lake City police detective Rick Wall said he doesn't believe residents face an imminent threat.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- About Utah: Pedal power at the market
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11