SALT LAKE CITY — A man was arrested at a downtown motel Wednesday afternoon for his alleged involvement in a violent crime in Idaho.
Salt Lake City police found the man about 1 p.m. at Motel 6, 176 W. 600 South, after receiving a tip from police in Gooding, Idaho. Police there say the man is being investigated for involvement in an assault and possible homicide.
Salt Lake City police spotted a car matching the description by Idaho police and conducted a door-to-door search for two men at the motel. Police found only one of the men, whose name was not immediately released.
Salt Lake City police detective Rick Wall said he doesn't believe residents face an imminent threat.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11