SALT LAKE CITY — A man was arrested at a downtown motel Wednesday afternoon for his alleged involvement in a violent crime in Idaho.
Salt Lake City police found the man about 1 p.m. at Motel 6, 176 W. 600 South, after receiving a tip from police in Gooding, Idaho. Police there say the man is being investigated for involvement in an assault and possible homicide.
Salt Lake City police spotted a car matching the description by Idaho police and conducted a door-to-door search for two men at the motel. Police found only one of the men, whose name was not immediately released.
Salt Lake City police detective Rick Wall said he doesn't believe residents face an imminent threat.
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- 2 corrections officials resign in wake of...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 13
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11