SALT LAKE CITY — A man was arrested at a downtown motel Wednesday afternoon for his alleged involvement in a violent crime in Idaho.
Salt Lake City police found the man about 1 p.m. at Motel 6, 176 W. 600 South, after receiving a tip from police in Gooding, Idaho. Police there say the man is being investigated for involvement in an assault and possible homicide.
Salt Lake City police spotted a car matching the description by Idaho police and conducted a door-to-door search for two men at the motel. Police found only one of the men, whose name was not immediately released.
Salt Lake City police detective Rick Wall said he doesn't believe residents face an imminent threat.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13