SALT LAKE CITY — A man was arrested at a downtown motel Wednesday afternoon for his alleged involvement in a violent crime in Idaho.
Salt Lake City police found the man about 1 p.m. at Motel 6, 176 W. 600 South, after receiving a tip from police in Gooding, Idaho. Police there say the man is being investigated for involvement in an assault and possible homicide.
Salt Lake City police spotted a car matching the description by Idaho police and conducted a door-to-door search for two men at the motel. Police found only one of the men, whose name was not immediately released.
Salt Lake City police detective Rick Wall said he doesn't believe residents face an imminent threat.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Passerby was mistakenly used as translator in...
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 16
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11