Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The final three weeks of the high school basketball season were a wild ride for those involved, with upsets galore sprinkled throughout the 10 state tournaments across the state.
When it was all said and done, six of the 10 teams ranked No. 1 heading into the playoffs went on to win a state title — up from three last year.
The five state champions on the girls side were Riverton (5A), Springville (4A), Dixie (3A), Richfield (2A) and St. Joseph (1A). St. Joseph was the only repeat winner.
The boys state champions were Lone Peak (5A), Sky View (4A), Morgan (3A), Wasatch Academy (2A) and Bryce Valley (1A). Lone Peak was the lone boys repeat winner.
James Edward is the Deseret News prep editor. Follow on Twitter @DNewsPreps
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are...
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- U. student government passes resolution... 104
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19