Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The final three weeks of the high school basketball season were a wild ride for those involved, with upsets galore sprinkled throughout the 10 state tournaments across the state.
When it was all said and done, six of the 10 teams ranked No. 1 heading into the playoffs went on to win a state title — up from three last year.
The five state champions on the girls side were Riverton (5A), Springville (4A), Dixie (3A), Richfield (2A) and St. Joseph (1A). St. Joseph was the only repeat winner.
The boys state champions were Lone Peak (5A), Sky View (4A), Morgan (3A), Wasatch Academy (2A) and Bryce Valley (1A). Lone Peak was the lone boys repeat winner.
James Edward is the Deseret News prep editor. Follow on Twitter @DNewsPreps
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 41
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26