Stuart Johnson, Deseret News archives
OREM — Four Utah cities have been ranked among the 100 safest in the U.S., according to publishing company CQ Press.
Orem was the state's safest city at No. 19. Provo was ranked 64th, Sandy 74th and West Jordan at No. 89.
The annual report compiles data using the FBI crime statistics from more than 400 cities with a population of 75,000 or more. Statistical data from the most common occurrences of crimes are used to rank cities across the nation.
Other Utah cities noted on the list were Ogden at No. 228, West Valley City at No. 270 and Salt Lake City at No. 343.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7