Stuart Johnson, Deseret News archives
OREM — Four Utah cities have been ranked among the 100 safest in the U.S., according to publishing company CQ Press.
Orem was the state's safest city at No. 19. Provo was ranked 64th, Sandy 74th and West Jordan at No. 89.
The annual report compiles data using the FBI crime statistics from more than 400 cities with a population of 75,000 or more. Statistical data from the most common occurrences of crimes are used to rank cities across the nation.
Other Utah cities noted on the list were Ogden at No. 228, West Valley City at No. 270 and Salt Lake City at No. 343.
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Deedee Corradini, Salt Lake's first and only...
- Tom Welch: Replace the prison with the NFL
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 23
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 16
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16