Stuart Johnson, Deseret News archives
OREM — Four Utah cities have been ranked among the 100 safest in the U.S., according to publishing company CQ Press.
Orem was the state's safest city at No. 19. Provo was ranked 64th, Sandy 74th and West Jordan at No. 89.
The annual report compiles data using the FBI crime statistics from more than 400 cities with a population of 75,000 or more. Statistical data from the most common occurrences of crimes are used to rank cities across the nation.
Other Utah cities noted on the list were Ogden at No. 228, West Valley City at No. 270 and Salt Lake City at No. 343.
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 82
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 31
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7