Stuart Johnson, Deseret News archives
OREM — Four Utah cities have been ranked among the 100 safest in the U.S., according to publishing company CQ Press.
Orem was the state's safest city at No. 19. Provo was ranked 64th, Sandy 74th and West Jordan at No. 89.
The annual report compiles data using the FBI crime statistics from more than 400 cities with a population of 75,000 or more. Statistical data from the most common occurrences of crimes are used to rank cities across the nation.
Other Utah cities noted on the list were Ogden at No. 228, West Valley City at No. 270 and Salt Lake City at No. 343.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17