Stuart Johnson, Deseret News archives
OREM — Four Utah cities have been ranked among the 100 safest in the U.S., according to publishing company CQ Press.
Orem was the state's safest city at No. 19. Provo was ranked 64th, Sandy 74th and West Jordan at No. 89.
The annual report compiles data using the FBI crime statistics from more than 400 cities with a population of 75,000 or more. Statistical data from the most common occurrences of crimes are used to rank cities across the nation.
Other Utah cities noted on the list were Ogden at No. 228, West Valley City at No. 270 and Salt Lake City at No. 343.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 9