Stuart Johnson, Deseret News archives
OREM — Four Utah cities have been ranked among the 100 safest in the U.S., according to publishing company CQ Press.
Orem was the state's safest city at No. 19. Provo was ranked 64th, Sandy 74th and West Jordan at No. 89.
The annual report compiles data using the FBI crime statistics from more than 400 cities with a population of 75,000 or more. Statistical data from the most common occurrences of crimes are used to rank cities across the nation.
Other Utah cities noted on the list were Ogden at No. 228, West Valley City at No. 270 and Salt Lake City at No. 343.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 80
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 63
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 43
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24