ABC Television, Lorenzo Bevilacqua, Associated Press
Jazz forward Marvin Williams passed reporters on his way to the locker room last week wearing a torn T-shirt.
Asked to elaborate, he said it was the work of former Atlanta teammate Zaza Pachulia. What began as a prank evolved into a tradition of ripping one another’s shirt.
Rock On is down with that, but did the Hawks — who won 102-91 — really have to de-pants the Jazz, too?
Dennis Rodman is back from a combined HBO documentary and "basketball diplomacy" trip to North Korea.
Reports said the country’s leader, Kim Jong Un, was a Bulls fan back in the day.
“It’s my first time, I think it’s most of these guys’ first time here, so hopefully everything’s going to be OK...” Rodman told reporters beforehand.
Duh! Like it’s not always OK when Rodman steps out.
A SPACE ODYSSEY
After the trip, Rodman called Kim "awesome" and “a friend for life.”
Meanwhile, the State Department hastened to clarify that Rodman was not an official representative of the United States.
Technically he's a representative of the planet Zordok, isn't he?
Rodman said on ABC’s “This Week”: "[Kim] loves basketball. And I said the same thing, I said: 'Obama loves basketball.' Let's start there."
Rock On predicts this will one day rank in history along with “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!”
The Golden State Warriors tested their new uniforms on Feb. 23 with a surprise win over San Antonio.
Asked his opinion on the unusual T-shirt-style jerseys, Patrick Ewing allegedly said, “Unusual?”
The New York Yankees recently won the legal rights to the nickname “Baseball’s Evil Empire.”
In other news, the Miami Marlins are rumored to be seeking legal rights to the slogan “Baseball that Doesn't Matter.”
Fauja Singh, a 101-year-old man from India, recently finished running a 6.2-mile race along the Hong Kong Marathon course. He completed a full marathon at age 100.
According to Rock On sources, 50-year-old free agent pitcher Jamie Moyer said: "This man is a total inspiration to kids like me everywhere."
A Nebraska man appeared on “The Rachael Ray Show” last week to cut off a mullet he had been wearing for 30 years.
According Rock On sources, former pitcher Randy Johnson responded: “Yes! I beat him by six months!”
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: therockmonster
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz remain in...
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- Results from Tuesday's high school softball,...
- High school boys soccer: Lehi edges...
- Utah high school updated tournament pairings...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- High school softball: Kirtlyn Bohling slams...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 19
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 16
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 15
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same... 10
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8