Davis said he got involved in the notice because a neighbor asked him to, but he had no designs on being part of an extended effort.
"I'm a busy guy. I've got plenty else to do without getting involved in politics," he said.
Roger Dudley, who led the 2012 movement to defeat the incorporation question, said he is not aware of any formal filings with cities with respect to annexation. However, he is aware that a small group has organized around a possible second effort to incorporate the township.
"It's kind interesting they would meet and stir up the pot when voters answered not even four months ago, when 60 to 40 percent killed this idea of incorporation. I think the people spoke loud and clear," Dudley said.
Dudley said he attended a recent town hall-style meeting in Millcreek Township hosted by Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams.
The meeting was packed, and many participants were pleased with McAdams' vision for unincorporated Salt Lake County. McAdams has appointed Patrick Leary, former public works director in Mayor Peter Corroon's administration, as township executive.
"That gives all incorporated areas a voice equal to other mayors," Dudley said.
Dunn said the county has heard nothing official regarding another attempt to place an incorporation question on the ballot.
"Certainly you could go for it again, but it would be an uphill battle. I feel like the people have spoken," she said.
"It was democracy in action, and people were able to make a choice. Hopefully they can come back together as a neighborhood and work on issues that affect their neighborhood. We look forward to doing that with them."
As more people in Millcreek Township learn what is at stake, support for incorporation will grow, Strong said. After all, incorporation efforts in other cities in Salt Lake County took at least two tries at the ballot box.
Strong said she believes township issues, whether that means annexation or incorporation, will never go away. Incorporation would allow area residents to control their destiny, she said.
"It's inevitable that Salt Lake County is going to be wall-to-wall cities," Strong said.
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- 3 South Jordan siblings battling rare disease...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Police chief of Myton charged with stalking 3...
- Ex-Tabiona High teacher sent to prison for...
- Police break silence about controversial...
- Provo ranked 4th most educated city in...
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls officer...
- 'They killed my son because he's... 80
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 68
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while... 52
- Police break silence about... 48
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 24
- New definition of homeless would give... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 16