Davis said he got involved in the notice because a neighbor asked him to, but he had no designs on being part of an extended effort.
"I'm a busy guy. I've got plenty else to do without getting involved in politics," he said.
Roger Dudley, who led the 2012 movement to defeat the incorporation question, said he is not aware of any formal filings with cities with respect to annexation. However, he is aware that a small group has organized around a possible second effort to incorporate the township.
"It's kind interesting they would meet and stir up the pot when voters answered not even four months ago, when 60 to 40 percent killed this idea of incorporation. I think the people spoke loud and clear," Dudley said.
Dudley said he attended a recent town hall-style meeting in Millcreek Township hosted by Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams.
The meeting was packed, and many participants were pleased with McAdams' vision for unincorporated Salt Lake County. McAdams has appointed Patrick Leary, former public works director in Mayor Peter Corroon's administration, as township executive.
"That gives all incorporated areas a voice equal to other mayors," Dudley said.
Dunn said the county has heard nothing official regarding another attempt to place an incorporation question on the ballot.
"Certainly you could go for it again, but it would be an uphill battle. I feel like the people have spoken," she said.
"It was democracy in action, and people were able to make a choice. Hopefully they can come back together as a neighborhood and work on issues that affect their neighborhood. We look forward to doing that with them."
As more people in Millcreek Township learn what is at stake, support for incorporation will grow, Strong said. After all, incorporation efforts in other cities in Salt Lake County took at least two tries at the ballot box.
Strong said she believes township issues, whether that means annexation or incorporation, will never go away. Incorporation would allow area residents to control their destiny, she said.
"It's inevitable that Salt Lake County is going to be wall-to-wall cities," Strong said.
- Strack family: Search warrants begin 'to...
- Prison relocation process slows down
- New poll shows Love, Owens race tightens;...
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated in...
- Crash on U.S. 40 west of Vernal injures 3,...
- Search warrants: Poisoning suspected in...
- Three amendments to Utah Constitution on the...
- Utah families, researchers play role in...
- Doug Owens ahead of Mia Love in new poll 59
- Most Utah students aren't proficient in... 54
- New poll shows Love, Owens race... 46
- State autopsy: Police shot Darrien Hunt... 34
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out... 30
- Final debate between Mia Love and Doug... 27
- Prison relocation process slows down 22
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 21