After three weeks of road competition, Utah State gymnastics is back in the familiar hold of the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum. As the lone Monday meet of the year, action will get underway at 7 p.m. on Monday, March 4.
For the Monday night meet, Utah State Athletics is hosting Family Night. All fans are eligible to receive one free youth ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket. Furthermore, the Worldwide Book Drive will be placing collection bins near the ticket office windows during Monday evening’s competition. Fans who donate a book will receive $1 admission to the meet.
USU is ready for its second meet in four days. The Aggies returned to Logan on Saturday afternoon after competing in a Western Athletic Conference meet at Sacramento State on Friday evening.
The Aggies fell to the Hornets in a tight finish. After a tough comeback in the third rotation, Sacramento State maintained its lead, finishing with an overall score of 193.800 to the Aggies' 193.400.
BYU and Utah State have a long history of competition. The two compete twice each season and overall, the Cougars lead the series 65-39-1. Most recently the Aggies opened their 2013 campaign in a dual-meet in Provo with BYU coming out ahead 194.075-189. 425.
BYU is coming off a tri-meet with in-state foe No. 8 Utah and North Carolina State. The Cougars finished in second place with a score of 195.500. That was the team’s second-best mark this season and the fourth time topping 195.000. Utah came out on top with a 197.125 while North Carolina State finished third with a 194.675.
Live results for Monday's meet are available by clicking on the "Live Stats" and "Watch Live" links on the USU website. The live stats link will only work once the meet has started.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- 1A boys basketball tournament: roundup of...
- Morning links: Jazz's sudden rise; SI breaks...
- BYU football: Christian Stewart returns to...
- Dick Harmon: Work of BYU's new strength coach...
- The name game: pronouncing the names of the...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 74
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 42
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 41
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40