SEDONA, Ariz. — The Utah Valley University women's golf team moved up one spot Sunday and finished in 14th at the Red Rocks Invitational hosted by Northern Arizona University.
UVU's Jordyn Dougal shot her second consecutive round in the 70s (79-76) to finish in a tie for 26th, while Lynn-Marie Nagel carded a final-round 77 to finish in a tie for 58th and Heather Mathison (82-81) placed 67th.
The University of Toledo (605) won the tournament over Cal State Northridge (609) and Southern Utah (612).
UVU's Kalea Heu (82-85) and Brooke Bliss (89-82) rounded out the Wolverines' scoring to finish in a tie for 80th and a tie for 96th, respectively.
The Red Rocks Invite was contested at the par-72, 6,089-yard Oakcreek Country Club.
Cal State Northridge's Clariss Guce won the tournament with a two-over par 146.
The Wovlerines are back in action March 18-19 at the BYU Entrada Classic in St. George, Utah.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22