SEDONA, Ariz. — The Utah Valley University women's golf team moved up one spot Sunday and finished in 14th at the Red Rocks Invitational hosted by Northern Arizona University.
UVU's Jordyn Dougal shot her second consecutive round in the 70s (79-76) to finish in a tie for 26th, while Lynn-Marie Nagel carded a final-round 77 to finish in a tie for 58th and Heather Mathison (82-81) placed 67th.
The University of Toledo (605) won the tournament over Cal State Northridge (609) and Southern Utah (612).
UVU's Kalea Heu (82-85) and Brooke Bliss (89-82) rounded out the Wolverines' scoring to finish in a tie for 80th and a tie for 96th, respectively.
The Red Rocks Invite was contested at the par-72, 6,089-yard Oakcreek Country Club.
Cal State Northridge's Clariss Guce won the tournament with a two-over par 146.
The Wovlerines are back in action March 18-19 at the BYU Entrada Classic in St. George, Utah.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU vs. Virginia primer
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 107
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 71
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 62
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 50
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 44