SEDONA, Ariz. — The Utah Valley University women's golf team moved up one spot Sunday and finished in 14th at the Red Rocks Invitational hosted by Northern Arizona University.
UVU's Jordyn Dougal shot her second consecutive round in the 70s (79-76) to finish in a tie for 26th, while Lynn-Marie Nagel carded a final-round 77 to finish in a tie for 58th and Heather Mathison (82-81) placed 67th.
The University of Toledo (605) won the tournament over Cal State Northridge (609) and Southern Utah (612).
UVU's Kalea Heu (82-85) and Brooke Bliss (89-82) rounded out the Wolverines' scoring to finish in a tie for 80th and a tie for 96th, respectively.
The Red Rocks Invite was contested at the par-72, 6,089-yard Oakcreek Country Club.
Cal State Northridge's Clariss Guce won the tournament with a two-over par 146.
The Wovlerines are back in action March 18-19 at the BYU Entrada Classic in St. George, Utah.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU past...
- Jimmer & Jimbo: As one pursues a steady role,...
- Lone Peak guard Frank Jackson drops...
- The Cougars and their coach's ’stache...
- Stewart has brought back an identity —...
- Penn State defeats Stanford, will meet BYU...
- BYU focusing on bowl game while players'...
- High school basketball: Thursday's roundup
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 59
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 44
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 39
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31