SEDONA, Ariz. — The Utah Valley University women's golf team moved up one spot Sunday and finished in 14th at the Red Rocks Invitational hosted by Northern Arizona University.
UVU's Jordyn Dougal shot her second consecutive round in the 70s (79-76) to finish in a tie for 26th, while Lynn-Marie Nagel carded a final-round 77 to finish in a tie for 58th and Heather Mathison (82-81) placed 67th.
The University of Toledo (605) won the tournament over Cal State Northridge (609) and Southern Utah (612).
UVU's Kalea Heu (82-85) and Brooke Bliss (89-82) rounded out the Wolverines' scoring to finish in a tie for 80th and a tie for 96th, respectively.
The Red Rocks Invite was contested at the par-72, 6,089-yard Oakcreek Country Club.
Cal State Northridge's Clariss Guce won the tournament with a two-over par 146.
The Wovlerines are back in action March 18-19 at the BYU Entrada Classic in St. George, Utah.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 101
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 70
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 50
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34