Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
HOOPER — A fire in a four-stall horse barn here Sunday caused between $15,000 and $20,000 in damage.
"About 50 percent of the structure will have to be rebuilt," said Weber Fire District Capt. Chuck Stokes.
No horses were in the stalls at the time and no one was injured.
The fire was reported by neighbors about 11:45 a.m. at 5300 South 4700 West. The cause was believed to be a water heater that malfunctioned, starting a part of the approximately 800-square-foot barn and its contents on fire. Between $3,000 to $5,000 worth of horse tact was damaged in the incident.
Fire crews from Weber and Roy needed about 10 minutes to bring the fire under control. No one was injured.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Elder Richard G. Scott released from... 12
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12