SOUTH SALT LAKE — A Salt Lake woman died Saturday at an area hospital of injuries sustained in an auto-pedestrian accident.
The victim was identified as 26-yer-old Maria DeAquino, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
DeAquino was crossing State Steet at 3605 South, walking west to east about 7:20 p.m. She had safely crossed the southbound lanes of the street when she was struck by a Toyota Prius traveling north. DeAquino was not in a crosswalk, Keller said.
The woman was treated for injuries at the scene but was pronounced dead at the hospital a short time later, Keller said.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 10