SOUTH SALT LAKE — A Salt Lake woman died Saturday at an area hospital of injuries sustained in an auto-pedestrian accident.
The victim was identified as 26-yer-old Maria DeAquino, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
DeAquino was crossing State Steet at 3605 South, walking west to east about 7:20 p.m. She had safely crossed the southbound lanes of the street when she was struck by a Toyota Prius traveling north. DeAquino was not in a crosswalk, Keller said.
The woman was treated for injuries at the scene but was pronounced dead at the hospital a short time later, Keller said.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 81
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 59
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12