SOUTH SALT LAKE — A Salt Lake woman died Saturday at an area hospital of injuries sustained in an auto-pedestrian accident.
The victim was identified as 26-yer-old Maria DeAquino, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
DeAquino was crossing State Steet at 3605 South, walking west to east about 7:20 p.m. She had safely crossed the southbound lanes of the street when she was struck by a Toyota Prius traveling north. DeAquino was not in a crosswalk, Keller said.
The woman was treated for injuries at the scene but was pronounced dead at the hospital a short time later, Keller said.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 56
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17