SOUTH SALT LAKE — A Salt Lake woman died Saturday at an area hospital of injuries sustained in an auto-pedestrian accident.
The victim was identified as 26-yer-old Maria DeAquino, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
DeAquino was crossing State Steet at 3605 South, walking west to east about 7:20 p.m. She had safely crossed the southbound lanes of the street when she was struck by a Toyota Prius traveling north. DeAquino was not in a crosswalk, Keller said.
The woman was treated for injuries at the scene but was pronounced dead at the hospital a short time later, Keller said.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 25
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 24
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 20