LAS VEGAS - The Utah Valley University women's track team had a pair of first-place finishes at the UNLV Track Classic, the Wolverines' season-opening outdoor meet of the season.
UVU's McKell Camp-Nielson won the javelin with a toss of 46.98 meters, while Maryn Pincock won the shot put with the distance of 14.61 meters.
Pincock also placed second in the discus with a toss of 47.23 meters.
Behind Camp-Nielson in the javelin, Joni Warnick (39.95 m) and Kelli Roach (39.66m) placed third and fourth, respectively.
Warnick also placed fifth in the pole vault with a jump of 2.75m.
Chelsey Stegelmeier recorded a pair of top 10 finishes in the shot put (6th 12.39m) and the hammer throw (8th, 40.16m).
The Wolverines are back in action in two weeks when they travel to San Diego for the Aztec Invitational.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 139
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 90
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 70
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29