LAS VEGAS - The Utah Valley University women's track team had a pair of first-place finishes at the UNLV Track Classic, the Wolverines' season-opening outdoor meet of the season.
UVU's McKell Camp-Nielson won the javelin with a toss of 46.98 meters, while Maryn Pincock won the shot put with the distance of 14.61 meters.
Pincock also placed second in the discus with a toss of 47.23 meters.
Behind Camp-Nielson in the javelin, Joni Warnick (39.95 m) and Kelli Roach (39.66m) placed third and fourth, respectively.
Warnick also placed fifth in the pole vault with a jump of 2.75m.
Chelsey Stegelmeier recorded a pair of top 10 finishes in the shot put (6th 12.39m) and the hammer throw (8th, 40.16m).
The Wolverines are back in action in two weeks when they travel to San Diego for the Aztec Invitational.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Ezekiel Ansah unveils his Turkey Dance...
- BYU football: Cougar defense confident it can...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU deals with tough overtime losses at Maui...
- BYU football: Both BYU and Cal have lots to...
- Utes vow not to look past Buffaloes
- Linebacker Jared Norris is quietly leading...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss... 28
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 28
- Utah lands three-star RB commit and... 25