LAS VEGAS - The Utah Valley University women's track team had a pair of first-place finishes at the UNLV Track Classic, the Wolverines' season-opening outdoor meet of the season.
UVU's McKell Camp-Nielson won the javelin with a toss of 46.98 meters, while Maryn Pincock won the shot put with the distance of 14.61 meters.
Pincock also placed second in the discus with a toss of 47.23 meters.
Behind Camp-Nielson in the javelin, Joni Warnick (39.95 m) and Kelli Roach (39.66m) placed third and fourth, respectively.
Warnick also placed fifth in the pole vault with a jump of 2.75m.
Chelsey Stegelmeier recorded a pair of top 10 finishes in the shot put (6th 12.39m) and the hammer throw (8th, 40.16m).
The Wolverines are back in action in two weeks when they travel to San Diego for the Aztec Invitational.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 119
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 46
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 29
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 19
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14