LAS VEGAS - The Utah Valley University women's track team had a pair of first-place finishes at the UNLV Track Classic, the Wolverines' season-opening outdoor meet of the season.
UVU's McKell Camp-Nielson won the javelin with a toss of 46.98 meters, while Maryn Pincock won the shot put with the distance of 14.61 meters.
Pincock also placed second in the discus with a toss of 47.23 meters.
Behind Camp-Nielson in the javelin, Joni Warnick (39.95 m) and Kelli Roach (39.66m) placed third and fourth, respectively.
Warnick also placed fifth in the pole vault with a jump of 2.75m.
Chelsey Stegelmeier recorded a pair of top 10 finishes in the shot put (6th 12.39m) and the hammer throw (8th, 40.16m).
The Wolverines are back in action in two weeks when they travel to San Diego for the Aztec Invitational.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24