LAS VEGAS - The Utah Valley University women's track team had a pair of first-place finishes at the UNLV Track Classic, the Wolverines' season-opening outdoor meet of the season.
UVU's McKell Camp-Nielson won the javelin with a toss of 46.98 meters, while Maryn Pincock won the shot put with the distance of 14.61 meters.
Pincock also placed second in the discus with a toss of 47.23 meters.
Behind Camp-Nielson in the javelin, Joni Warnick (39.95 m) and Kelli Roach (39.66m) placed third and fourth, respectively.
Warnick also placed fifth in the pole vault with a jump of 2.75m.
Chelsey Stegelmeier recorded a pair of top 10 finishes in the shot put (6th 12.39m) and the hammer throw (8th, 40.16m).
The Wolverines are back in action in two weeks when they travel to San Diego for the Aztec Invitational.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 145
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 46
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 40
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 27