UVU golf: Wolverines in 15th after Day 1 of Red Rocks Invite
SEDONA, Ariz. - The Utah Valley University women's golf team sits in 15th place after the first day of the Red Rocks Invitational on Saturday at the par-72, 6,089-yard Oakcreek Country Club.
As the team, the Wolverines shot a 328, and senior Jordyn Dougal (79) was the only UVU to shoot a round in the 70s.
Final round action gets underway Sunday with an 8 a.m. shot gun start.
Cal State Northridge (303) leads the tournament by one shot over Toledo and Southern Utah and two shots over Weber State.
Weber State's Kelsey Chugg leads the tournament after shooting a 1-under par 71.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45