UVU golf: Wolverines in 15th after Day 1 of Red Rocks Invite
SEDONA, Ariz. - The Utah Valley University women's golf team sits in 15th place after the first day of the Red Rocks Invitational on Saturday at the par-72, 6,089-yard Oakcreek Country Club.
As the team, the Wolverines shot a 328, and senior Jordyn Dougal (79) was the only UVU to shoot a round in the 70s.
Final round action gets underway Sunday with an 8 a.m. shot gun start.
Cal State Northridge (303) leads the tournament by one shot over Toledo and Southern Utah and two shots over Weber State.
Weber State's Kelsey Chugg leads the tournament after shooting a 1-under par 71.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for fouling strategy
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Mike Sorensen: Manning's storybook ending...
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 102
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 83
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 63
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22