UVU golf: Wolverines in 15th after Day 1 of Red Rocks Invite
SEDONA, Ariz. - The Utah Valley University women's golf team sits in 15th place after the first day of the Red Rocks Invitational on Saturday at the par-72, 6,089-yard Oakcreek Country Club.
As the team, the Wolverines shot a 328, and senior Jordyn Dougal (79) was the only UVU to shoot a round in the 70s.
Final round action gets underway Sunday with an 8 a.m. shot gun start.
Cal State Northridge (303) leads the tournament by one shot over Toledo and Southern Utah and two shots over Weber State.
Weber State's Kelsey Chugg leads the tournament after shooting a 1-under par 71.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22