UVU golf: Wolverines in 15th after Day 1 of Red Rocks Invite
SEDONA, Ariz. - The Utah Valley University women's golf team sits in 15th place after the first day of the Red Rocks Invitational on Saturday at the par-72, 6,089-yard Oakcreek Country Club.
As the team, the Wolverines shot a 328, and senior Jordyn Dougal (79) was the only UVU to shoot a round in the 70s.
Final round action gets underway Sunday with an 8 a.m. shot gun start.
Cal State Northridge (303) leads the tournament by one shot over Toledo and Southern Utah and two shots over Weber State.
Weber State's Kelsey Chugg leads the tournament after shooting a 1-under par 71.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 31
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26