UVU golf: Wolverines in 15th after Day 1 of Red Rocks Invite
SEDONA, Ariz. - The Utah Valley University women's golf team sits in 15th place after the first day of the Red Rocks Invitational on Saturday at the par-72, 6,089-yard Oakcreek Country Club.
As the team, the Wolverines shot a 328, and senior Jordyn Dougal (79) was the only UVU to shoot a round in the 70s.
Final round action gets underway Sunday with an 8 a.m. shot gun start.
Cal State Northridge (303) leads the tournament by one shot over Toledo and Southern Utah and two shots over Weber State.
Weber State's Kelsey Chugg leads the tournament after shooting a 1-under par 71.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34