"We just wanted to come out and break the losing streak. It was a big win," said Favors, who had a relatively quiet start with eight points and seven boards before fouling out. "Turk had a big game, so it was just going out there and having fun, basically."
And giving Jazz fans a glimpse of what the future might hold in store.
"Everybody stepped up," Favors said. "It was just fun out there."
THIS AND THAT: Because of the injuries, Corbin was forced to use his 11th different starting lineup of the season and the fourth different one in four consecutive games. Charlotte's nine-point quarter was the lowest for the Bobcats and a Jazz opponent this season. Utah was up 47-24 at halftime, giving the team its biggest lead after a first half and the lowest point total for an opponent. Ex-Jazzman Carlos Boozer had the team's last 20-20 game in regulation, totaling 21 points and 20 rebounds against Phoenix on Jan. 25, 2010. Jefferson had 28 points and 26 boards in a triple-overtime game vs. Dallas last April. Utah outrebounded Charlotte 62-24, a season-high night on the boards for them and a season-low for an opponent.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34