Despite a slow start and a late comeback, BYU defeated Loyola Marymount on the road, 73-70.
BYU was looking for a victory to bounce back after dropping Thursday's home contest vs. the Gonzaga Bulldogs.
Once again the Cougars had some early foul trouble as Brandon Davies picked up two early fouls. However, smart rotations from BYU coach Dave Rose helped prevent any players from fouling out. Davies finished the game with 11 points and eight rebounds.
Tyler Haws was the outstanding player for the Cougars, scoring 24 points and making 14 out of 14 free throws.
This win helped BYU to clinch the third seed in the West Coast Conference standings, and the Cougars will play their first game in the West Coast Conference tournament on Friday, March 8, at 9:30 p.m. MST.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25