Utah Jazz: Enes Kanter leads the youth movement in huge win over Bobcats
The Bobcats only scored 24 points in the first half, shot 34.6 percent for the game and had just two guys in double figures.
"They killed us in every stat line," said Mullens, who had a team-high 12 points for the Michael Jordan-owned team. "Obviously, Kanter had a good game, stepped up in the starting position with Jefferson and Millsap out. They just had it from the start."
The win was a morale boost for the Jazz on multiple fronts. Not only did it snap them out of a weeklong funk, which included back-to-back home losses, but it also got them a bit of momentum heading into their upcoming four-game Eastern trip, which begins Monday in Milwaukee.
And they did it on a night that marked the first time the durable duo of Big Al and Millsap each missed the same game in their three years together in Utah.
"We just wanted to come out and breaking the losing streak. It was a big win," said Favors, who had a relatively quiet start with eight points and seven boards before fouling out. "Turk had a big game, so it was just going out there and having fun, basically."
And giving Jazz fans a glimpse of what the future might hold in store.
"Everybody stepped up," Favors said. "It was just fun out there."
NOTES: Because of the injuries, Corbin was forced to use his 11th different starting lineup of the season and the fourth different one in four consecutive games. Charlotte's nine-point quarter was the lowest for the Bobcats and a Jazz opponent this season. Utah was up 47-24 at halftime, giving the team its biggest lead after a first half and the lowest point total for an opponent. Ex-Jazzman Carlos Boozer had the team's last 20-20 game in regulation, totaling 21 points and 20 rebounds against Phoenix on Jan. 25, 2010. Jefferson had 28 points and 26 boards in a triple-overtime game vs. Dallas last April. Utah outrebounded Charlotte 62-24, a season-high night on the boards.
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Ranking the best free agents in the NBA
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to be...
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents may...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Wasatch Academy basketball coach Geno Morgan...
- Utah football player Dominique Hatfield...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 90
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 66
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 52
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 28
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 28
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 27