BYU women's basketball: Beeston, Hamson garner academic honors
San Bruno, Calif. — BYU women’s basketball players Kim Parker Beeston and Jennifer Hamson were named to the 2012-13 West Coast Conference Women’s Basketball All-Academic Team. This is the second consecutive honor for both Cougar student-athletes.
At the conclusion of each athletic season, the WCC selects an all-academic squad for each WCC-sponsored sport. To be considered, a student-athlete must maintain at least a 3.20 cumulative grade point average, while also being a significant contributor to his or her team.
Teammates Xojian Harry, Ashley Garfield and Haley Steed were named Honorable Mention.
Kim Parker Beeston ( Jr., 3.75 GPA, Health Education Major)
Jennifer Hamson (Jr., 3.62 GPA, Exercise Science Major)
Norma Collett is the athletic communications director for the BYU women's basketball team. She can be reached at 801-422-4908 or at email@example.com
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 141
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 32
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 18
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16