SALT LAKE CITY — A 32-year-old man faces charges for allegedly breaking into two homes, taking property and asking a mentally disabled resident in one of the homes to leave with him.
Hutch Lynn Frederickson was charged Friday in 3rd District Court with two counts of burglary, a second-degree felony, and one count of illegally possessing a weapon, a third-degree felony. He was also charged with theft and criminal mischief, both class B misdemeanors, and intoxication, a class C misdemeanor.
Police say Frederickson broke into two homes near the intersection of Woodsborough Way and Lodestone Avenue in Salt Lake City on Feb. 17. A resident of one of the homes told police the man broke into the garage and stole a knife and a jacket.
The resident also said Frederickson entered his mentally disabled daughter’s bedroom and asked her to leave with him. When she refused, Frederickson fled out the bedroom window, charges state.
A resident of the other home told police he saw Frederickson standing in the hallway. The resident then yelled at Frederickson, who fled through the front door and into the street, where neighbors held him down, according to charging documents.
Frederickson did not steal anything from the second home, according to witnesses, but they did find a broken window in the car outside the home.
A search of court records found that Frederickson has been convicted of three separate burglary charges between 2000 and 2001.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15