SALT LAKE CITY — A 32-year-old man faces charges for allegedly breaking into two homes, taking property and asking a mentally disabled resident in one of the homes to leave with him.
Hutch Lynn Frederickson was charged Friday in 3rd District Court with two counts of burglary, a second-degree felony, and one count of illegally possessing a weapon, a third-degree felony. He was also charged with theft and criminal mischief, both class B misdemeanors, and intoxication, a class C misdemeanor.
Police say Frederickson broke into two homes near the intersection of Woodsborough Way and Lodestone Avenue in Salt Lake City on Feb. 17. A resident of one of the homes told police the man broke into the garage and stole a knife and a jacket.
The resident also said Frederickson entered his mentally disabled daughter’s bedroom and asked her to leave with him. When she refused, Frederickson fled out the bedroom window, charges state.
A resident of the other home told police he saw Frederickson standing in the hallway. The resident then yelled at Frederickson, who fled through the front door and into the street, where neighbors held him down, according to charging documents.
Frederickson did not steal anything from the second home, according to witnesses, but they did find a broken window in the car outside the home.
A search of court records found that Frederickson has been convicted of three separate burglary charges between 2000 and 2001.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Utah mother who left 11-month-old in hot car...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Outbreak of illness linked to Weber County...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 37
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA... 25
- Woman accused of leaving young son... 20