SALT LAKE CITY — A 32-year-old man faces charges for allegedly breaking into two homes, taking property and asking a mentally disabled resident in one of the homes to leave with him.
Hutch Lynn Frederickson was charged Friday in 3rd District Court with two counts of burglary, a second-degree felony, and one count of illegally possessing a weapon, a third-degree felony. He was also charged with theft and criminal mischief, both class B misdemeanors, and intoxication, a class C misdemeanor.
Police say Frederickson broke into two homes near the intersection of Woodsborough Way and Lodestone Avenue in Salt Lake City on Feb. 17. A resident of one of the homes told police the man broke into the garage and stole a knife and a jacket.
The resident also said Frederickson entered his mentally disabled daughter’s bedroom and asked her to leave with him. When she refused, Frederickson fled out the bedroom window, charges state.
A resident of the other home told police he saw Frederickson standing in the hallway. The resident then yelled at Frederickson, who fled through the front door and into the street, where neighbors held him down, according to charging documents.
Frederickson did not steal anything from the second home, according to witnesses, but they did find a broken window in the car outside the home.
A search of court records found that Frederickson has been convicted of three separate burglary charges between 2000 and 2001.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Brewvies wants judge to stop DABC from...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21