SALT LAKE CITY — A 32-year-old man faces charges for allegedly breaking into two homes, taking property and asking a mentally disabled resident in one of the homes to leave with him.
Hutch Lynn Frederickson was charged Friday in 3rd District Court with two counts of burglary, a second-degree felony, and one count of illegally possessing a weapon, a third-degree felony. He was also charged with theft and criminal mischief, both class B misdemeanors, and intoxication, a class C misdemeanor.
Police say Frederickson broke into two homes near the intersection of Woodsborough Way and Lodestone Avenue in Salt Lake City on Feb. 17. A resident of one of the homes told police the man broke into the garage and stole a knife and a jacket.
The resident also said Frederickson entered his mentally disabled daughter’s bedroom and asked her to leave with him. When she refused, Frederickson fled out the bedroom window, charges state.
A resident of the other home told police he saw Frederickson standing in the hallway. The resident then yelled at Frederickson, who fled through the front door and into the street, where neighbors held him down, according to charging documents.
Frederickson did not steal anything from the second home, according to witnesses, but they did find a broken window in the car outside the home.
A search of court records found that Frederickson has been convicted of three separate burglary charges between 2000 and 2001.
- About Utah: He's going public (again) for a...
- County clerks in Utah poring over new law on...
- Mom who murdered 6 newborns sent to prison...
- A Utah hiker's dream: A trek that may take...
- Man paralyzed in shooting appeals sentence...
- Woman stole mail from 127 people, police say
- 17 pictures that will make you appreciate...
- Saratoga Springs man caught on video...
- County clerks in Utah poring over new... 60
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 27
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 24
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 18
- Second student sues district over... 15
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 15
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth... 11