SALT LAKE CITY — A 32-year-old man faces charges for allegedly breaking into two homes, taking property and asking a mentally disabled resident in one of the homes to leave with him.
Hutch Lynn Frederickson was charged Friday in 3rd District Court with two counts of burglary, a second-degree felony, and one count of illegally possessing a weapon, a third-degree felony. He was also charged with theft and criminal mischief, both class B misdemeanors, and intoxication, a class C misdemeanor.
Police say Frederickson broke into two homes near the intersection of Woodsborough Way and Lodestone Avenue in Salt Lake City on Feb. 17. A resident of one of the homes told police the man broke into the garage and stole a knife and a jacket.
The resident also said Frederickson entered his mentally disabled daughter’s bedroom and asked her to leave with him. When she refused, Frederickson fled out the bedroom window, charges state.
A resident of the other home told police he saw Frederickson standing in the hallway. The resident then yelled at Frederickson, who fled through the front door and into the street, where neighbors held him down, according to charging documents.
Frederickson did not steal anything from the second home, according to witnesses, but they did find a broken window in the car outside the home.
A search of court records found that Frederickson has been convicted of three separate burglary charges between 2000 and 2001.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 81
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 59
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12