SALT LAKE CITY — A 32-year-old man faces charges for allegedly breaking into two homes, taking property and asking a mentally disabled resident in one of the homes to leave with him.
Hutch Lynn Frederickson was charged Friday in 3rd District Court with two counts of burglary, a second-degree felony, and one count of illegally possessing a weapon, a third-degree felony. He was also charged with theft and criminal mischief, both class B misdemeanors, and intoxication, a class C misdemeanor.
Police say Frederickson broke into two homes near the intersection of Woodsborough Way and Lodestone Avenue in Salt Lake City on Feb. 17. A resident of one of the homes told police the man broke into the garage and stole a knife and a jacket.
The resident also said Frederickson entered his mentally disabled daughter’s bedroom and asked her to leave with him. When she refused, Frederickson fled out the bedroom window, charges state.
A resident of the other home told police he saw Frederickson standing in the hallway. The resident then yelled at Frederickson, who fled through the front door and into the street, where neighbors held him down, according to charging documents.
Frederickson did not steal anything from the second home, according to witnesses, but they did find a broken window in the car outside the home.
A search of court records found that Frederickson has been convicted of three separate burglary charges between 2000 and 2001.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- Police officer suicide needs to be addressed,...
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive on...
- Charges: Magna mom got 13-year-old son drunk
- Flu season off and running in Utah; H1N1...
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at Sharia...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 114
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 63
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 28
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 27
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 26
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16