Family reflects on 'chaotic' life as quadruplets mark 1st birthday
"Natalie is an amazing mom and wife," he said.
She, in turn, appreciates the way her husband doesn't hesitate to help despite his busy work schedule.
"I see him coming after work, after working 16-hour days, and then he dives right into babies," she said. "It's kind of amazing because he works so hard and I appreciate it when he comes home and takes over because I know he's so tired."
By 6 or 7 p.m. he said he knows his wife will be hitting the wall and Dorothy, who has stopped napping, will be fighting her exhaustion and be "a little needy."
"She's like four babies in one little body," her mother said. "She's up at 8 and goes to bed between 9 or 10. I wish I had some of her energy, she's just running all day."
At this point, Dorothy, on the tail end of the "terrible 2s," is often the most difficult. She can get jealous of her siblings and crave attention. But her mother said she is also a good helper.
She has learned how to use Netflix and turn on "Curious George," a favorite show at the house. She's handled the growth of her family as was to be expected.
"Like a 2-year-old," her father said. "There's good days and bad days. Some days she's very lovey dovey and playing with them and other days she's like a great white shark and she can get a little nasty. But you know, such is sibling rivalry."
Anthony Consolo said they would like another child, but they know the possibility of going from five to nine overnight "is not impossible." Still, his wife said she can't believe how quickly this first year has passed.
"It was kind of hard to believe that it went by that fast and we actually did it, because before they were born we didn't have any idea how it was going to be or how we would do it," she said. "It all seemed so overwhelming."
"I think the main point is, life is an adventure and babies are definitely the fuel that can keep that adventure going," he said.
"It's a wonderful life."
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Judge tosses snowboarders' lawsuit demanding...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Granite School District reminds teachers of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Bingham High students walk out over... 96
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 28
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 16