Family reflects on 'chaotic' life as quadruplets mark 1st birthday
"Natalie is an amazing mom and wife," he said.
She, in turn, appreciates the way her husband doesn't hesitate to help despite his busy work schedule.
"I see him coming after work, after working 16-hour days, and then he dives right into babies," she said. "It's kind of amazing because he works so hard and I appreciate it when he comes home and takes over because I know he's so tired."
By 6 or 7 p.m. he said he knows his wife will be hitting the wall and Dorothy, who has stopped napping, will be fighting her exhaustion and be "a little needy."
"She's like four babies in one little body," her mother said. "She's up at 8 and goes to bed between 9 or 10. I wish I had some of her energy, she's just running all day."
At this point, Dorothy, on the tail end of the "terrible 2s," is often the most difficult. She can get jealous of her siblings and crave attention. But her mother said she is also a good helper.
She has learned how to use Netflix and turn on "Curious George," a favorite show at the house. She's handled the growth of her family as was to be expected.
"Like a 2-year-old," her father said. "There's good days and bad days. Some days she's very lovey dovey and playing with them and other days she's like a great white shark and she can get a little nasty. But you know, such is sibling rivalry."
Anthony Consolo said they would like another child, but they know the possibility of going from five to nine overnight "is not impossible." Still, his wife said she can't believe how quickly this first year has passed.
"It was kind of hard to believe that it went by that fast and we actually did it, because before they were born we didn't have any idea how it was going to be or how we would do it," she said. "It all seemed so overwhelming."
"I think the main point is, life is an adventure and babies are definitely the fuel that can keep that adventure going," he said.
"It's a wonderful life."
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Got an emergency? You can now text 911 in 3...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Report: Communication breakdowns... 10
- About Utah: Selling bikes the... 7