SALT LAKE CITY — Microsoft has announced the opening of a new retail store at City Creek Center on April 11.
The store will include an assortment of products, including Surface, Windows 8 PCs, Windows Phones, Kinect for Xbox 360 and office products. Small-business services will include a range of technical trainings, business-ready PCs and phones.
In addition, community organizations will be given access to theater space at the store to host events, and store associates will venture out into the community to support local causes.
As part of its community outreach effort, the store will donate $1 million in software grants at the grand opening to the local chapter of Junior Achievement.
To celebrate the grand opening, the retail store will present a special performance by the music group Train at City Creek Center on Saturday, April 13, at the Gallivan Center. Complimentary tickets will be distributed to customers present at the grand opening. Each person will recieve two tickets. Gates for the concert open at noon.
- Housing recovery slowest since World War II,...
- Fire exposes illegal Chinese factories in Italy
- Audit cites 'inadequate oversight' in state...
- UTA seeks to hire bus drivers, other workers
- Utah jobless rate stays steady at 3.5 percent
- New England raking in millions from leaf peepers
- How students are engaging textbook companies...
- Developer to build replica major league...