SALT LAKE CITY — Microsoft has announced the opening of a new retail store at City Creek Center on April 11.
The store will include an assortment of products, including Surface, Windows 8 PCs, Windows Phones, Kinect for Xbox 360 and office products. Small-business services will include a range of technical trainings, business-ready PCs and phones.
In addition, community organizations will be given access to theater space at the store to host events, and store associates will venture out into the community to support local causes.
As part of its community outreach effort, the store will donate $1 million in software grants at the grand opening to the local chapter of Junior Achievement.
To celebrate the grand opening, the retail store will present a special performance by the music group Train at City Creek Center on Saturday, April 13, at the Gallivan Center. Complimentary tickets will be distributed to customers present at the grand opening. Each person will recieve two tickets. Gates for the concert open at noon.
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- Uber, Lyft refuse to require driver fingerprints
- Internet billionaires face off in renewed...
- Can a company really be altruistic?
- What could McDonald's do to fix its business?
- Technology and outdoor sports converge at...
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- Utah construction companies fined,... 8
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 4
- Photos: Sharing birthday wishes 2
- First lady: Tech industry to train,... 1
- Greece under fire from creditors as... 1
- Diet Pepsi dropping aspartame on... 1