SALT LAKE CITY — Microsoft has announced the opening of a new retail store at City Creek Center on April 11.
The store will include an assortment of products, including Surface, Windows 8 PCs, Windows Phones, Kinect for Xbox 360 and office products. Small-business services will include a range of technical trainings, business-ready PCs and phones.
In addition, community organizations will be given access to theater space at the store to host events, and store associates will venture out into the community to support local causes.
As part of its community outreach effort, the store will donate $1 million in software grants at the grand opening to the local chapter of Junior Achievement.
To celebrate the grand opening, the retail store will present a special performance by the music group Train at City Creek Center on Saturday, April 13, at the Gallivan Center. Complimentary tickets will be distributed to customers present at the grand opening. Each person will recieve two tickets. Gates for the concert open at noon.
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem could mean...
- About Utah: Finally, living the dream in...
- 5 features an Amazon phone might offer
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Ride-sharing business launches despite...
- Study: Fuels from corn waste worse than...
- Balancing act: French ban on after-hours...
- How much did President Obama donate to... 47
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we... 28
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13
- Budget office: Raising federal minimum... 12
- Sierra Club labels Utah oil shale, tar... 5
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this... 4
- Michelle Obama: High school diploma is... 3
- Delta tops list of most profitable... 3