SALT LAKE CITY — Microsoft has announced the opening of a new retail store at City Creek Center on April 11.
The store will include an assortment of products, including Surface, Windows 8 PCs, Windows Phones, Kinect for Xbox 360 and office products. Small-business services will include a range of technical trainings, business-ready PCs and phones.
In addition, community organizations will be given access to theater space at the store to host events, and store associates will venture out into the community to support local causes.
As part of its community outreach effort, the store will donate $1 million in software grants at the grand opening to the local chapter of Junior Achievement.
To celebrate the grand opening, the retail store will present a special performance by the music group Train at City Creek Center on Saturday, April 13, at the Gallivan Center. Complimentary tickets will be distributed to customers present at the grand opening. Each person will recieve two tickets. Gates for the concert open at noon.
- Shoppers skip turkey for a shot at...
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- Barbie can be an engineer, but only if the...
- Adults expect to spend $720 on gifts, Here's...
- BLACK FRIDAY LIVE: Protests, beer and prison
- 5 ways to talk about money with your family...
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- Shoppers skip turkey for a shot at... 13
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Immigration reform will boost the... 7
- Barbie can be an engineer, but only if... 5
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4
- Salt Lake City opens door for rideshare... 2
- 5 ways to talk about money with your... 2