What's new: 'More to Your Story' shares power of personal storytelling
Finding and sharing your own stories is the focus of “More to Your Story” by Elder W. Craig Zwick and his wife, Sister Jan J. Zwick.
“We need stories!” Elder and Sister Zwick write. “We need stories to give meaning to facts. When we tell others of our experiences, we are inviting them onto the sacred ground of our memories and hearts.”
That is exactly what the authors do — invite the reader onto the sacred ground of their hearts and personal memories. In 19 short chapters, Elder Zwick, a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and Sister Zwick share uplifting stories with themes such as: “The Awakening,” “Faith, Not Fear,” “Sweet Boldness” and “Negative Painting.”
The book concludes with a chapter that encourages readers to think about, write and share their own stories.
“In the end,” they write, “one of the most effective ways we teach each other is through principle-based stories that include our personal treasures from real-life experiences.”
Inspirational quotes from the scriptures, prophets and other writers are highlighted in sidebars scattered throughout the book's pages. An index and endnotes are included.
This compact, nicely formatted and well-written book, which is small enough to carry with you, is also available as an e-book.
Elder Zwick and Sister Zwick served together in the Chile Santiago South Mission, where Elder Zwick was mission president. They are the parents of four children and grandparents of 15.
Rosemarie Howard lives in a 100-year-old house on Main Street, Springville, Utah. She enjoys creating multimedia projects. Her website is at dramaticdimensions.com.
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady hand to...
- California governor denies parole for Manson...
- 3 key takeaways from the latest report on...
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Will this key line in Melania Trump's GOP...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the 'most...
- Cookbook review: 'The Lion House Cookbook'...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 26
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 24
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady... 15
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- GOP platform: Plenty for evangelicals... 12