OREM, Utah - The Utah Valley University women's golf team is back in action Saturday and Sunday when it tees it up at the Red Rocks Invitational hosted by Northern Arizona University.
The tournament will be contested at the par-72, 6,089-yard Oakcreek Country Club in Sedona, Ariz.
In addition to UVU and host NAU, British Columbia, Cal Poly, CSU Bakersfield, CSU Northridge, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Washington, Grand Canyon, Idaho State, Montana State, North Dakota, Northern Kentucky, North Dakota, Oakland, Seattle, South Dakota, Southern Utah, Toledo, UC Riverside, Xavier, Weber State and Western Michigan.
Last year, Lynn Marie Nael shot a final-round 75 to finish in a tie for ninth for the first top-10 finish in her career. The Wolverines finished 10th.
Jordyn Dougal, who is coming off a 12th-place finish at the Lumberjack Invitational two weeks ago, leads the Wolverines in scoring average at 77.25, followed by Nagel (78.13), Brooke Bliss (81.06), Morgan Workman (81.43) and Hannah Herman (82.13).
The tournament begins Saturday at 1 p.m. with a shotgun start and 8 a.m. Sunday with a shot gun start as well.
The teams will play 18 holes each day.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Big 12 commissioner: Some in league feel...
- Former Cardinals exec sentenced to 4 years in...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 62
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 58
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 45
- Annual instate college basketball... 37