OREM, Utah - The Utah Valley University women's golf team is back in action Saturday and Sunday when it tees it up at the Red Rocks Invitational hosted by Northern Arizona University.
The tournament will be contested at the par-72, 6,089-yard Oakcreek Country Club in Sedona, Ariz.
In addition to UVU and host NAU, British Columbia, Cal Poly, CSU Bakersfield, CSU Northridge, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Washington, Grand Canyon, Idaho State, Montana State, North Dakota, Northern Kentucky, North Dakota, Oakland, Seattle, South Dakota, Southern Utah, Toledo, UC Riverside, Xavier, Weber State and Western Michigan.
Last year, Lynn Marie Nael shot a final-round 75 to finish in a tie for ninth for the first top-10 finish in her career. The Wolverines finished 10th.
Jordyn Dougal, who is coming off a 12th-place finish at the Lumberjack Invitational two weeks ago, leads the Wolverines in scoring average at 77.25, followed by Nagel (78.13), Brooke Bliss (81.06), Morgan Workman (81.43) and Hannah Herman (82.13).
The tournament begins Saturday at 1 p.m. with a shotgun start and 8 a.m. Sunday with a shot gun start as well.
The teams will play 18 holes each day.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 85
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32