OREM, Utah - The Utah Valley University women's golf team is back in action Saturday and Sunday when it tees it up at the Red Rocks Invitational hosted by Northern Arizona University.
The tournament will be contested at the par-72, 6,089-yard Oakcreek Country Club in Sedona, Ariz.
In addition to UVU and host NAU, British Columbia, Cal Poly, CSU Bakersfield, CSU Northridge, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Washington, Grand Canyon, Idaho State, Montana State, North Dakota, Northern Kentucky, North Dakota, Oakland, Seattle, South Dakota, Southern Utah, Toledo, UC Riverside, Xavier, Weber State and Western Michigan.
Last year, Lynn Marie Nael shot a final-round 75 to finish in a tie for ninth for the first top-10 finish in her career. The Wolverines finished 10th.
Jordyn Dougal, who is coming off a 12th-place finish at the Lumberjack Invitational two weeks ago, leads the Wolverines in scoring average at 77.25, followed by Nagel (78.13), Brooke Bliss (81.06), Morgan Workman (81.43) and Hannah Herman (82.13).
The tournament begins Saturday at 1 p.m. with a shotgun start and 8 a.m. Sunday with a shot gun start as well.
The teams will play 18 holes each day.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Friday fracas: Trevor Booker nearly hit, gets...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19 in AP,...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most worthy of...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 65
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 44
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 29
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense could use... 24
- Friday morning QB: Three stars and five... 23