OREM, Utah - The Utah Valley University women's golf team is back in action Saturday and Sunday when it tees it up at the Red Rocks Invitational hosted by Northern Arizona University.
The tournament will be contested at the par-72, 6,089-yard Oakcreek Country Club in Sedona, Ariz.
In addition to UVU and host NAU, British Columbia, Cal Poly, CSU Bakersfield, CSU Northridge, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Washington, Grand Canyon, Idaho State, Montana State, North Dakota, Northern Kentucky, North Dakota, Oakland, Seattle, South Dakota, Southern Utah, Toledo, UC Riverside, Xavier, Weber State and Western Michigan.
Last year, Lynn Marie Nael shot a final-round 75 to finish in a tie for ninth for the first top-10 finish in her career. The Wolverines finished 10th.
Jordyn Dougal, who is coming off a 12th-place finish at the Lumberjack Invitational two weeks ago, leads the Wolverines in scoring average at 77.25, followed by Nagel (78.13), Brooke Bliss (81.06), Morgan Workman (81.43) and Hannah Herman (82.13).
The tournament begins Saturday at 1 p.m. with a shotgun start and 8 a.m. Sunday with a shot gun start as well.
The teams will play 18 holes each day.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 77
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14