OREM, Utah - The Utah Valley University women's golf team is back in action Saturday and Sunday when it tees it up at the Red Rocks Invitational hosted by Northern Arizona University.
The tournament will be contested at the par-72, 6,089-yard Oakcreek Country Club in Sedona, Ariz.
In addition to UVU and host NAU, British Columbia, Cal Poly, CSU Bakersfield, CSU Northridge, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Washington, Grand Canyon, Idaho State, Montana State, North Dakota, Northern Kentucky, North Dakota, Oakland, Seattle, South Dakota, Southern Utah, Toledo, UC Riverside, Xavier, Weber State and Western Michigan.
Last year, Lynn Marie Nael shot a final-round 75 to finish in a tie for ninth for the first top-10 finish in her career. The Wolverines finished 10th.
Jordyn Dougal, who is coming off a 12th-place finish at the Lumberjack Invitational two weeks ago, leads the Wolverines in scoring average at 77.25, followed by Nagel (78.13), Brooke Bliss (81.06), Morgan Workman (81.43) and Hannah Herman (82.13).
The tournament begins Saturday at 1 p.m. with a shotgun start and 8 a.m. Sunday with a shot gun start as well.
The teams will play 18 holes each day.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16