USU track: four Aggies will represent USU track & field at Washington's UW Final Qualifier Friday
Utah State's women's and men's track & field teams will send four athletes to compete in the University of Washington's UW Final Qualifier at Dempsey Indoor Track in Seattle, Wash., on Friday, March 1.
Senior Alex Litzsinger and freshman Tylee Newman will represent the USU women as they compete in the 3,000m, while freshman Briton Page and senior Tyler Killpack will run in the men's 800m.
"Alex and Tylee are going to run in the 3,000m, while Tyler and Briton will run in the 800m. We wanted to give them an opportunity to run a little faster. At the conference tournament, they had to do a lot of things, so this is one last shot at qualifying for the NCAA championships," head coach Gregg Gensel said.
Action for Utah State at the Dempsey Indoor Track begins at 8:40 p.m. (MT) Friday, with Page and Killpack in the 800m, while Litzsinger and Newman will race at 9 in the 3,000m.
Those athletes who qualify in top 16 of their individual events, or the top 12 of team relay events, will compete at the NCAA Indoor Championship meet in Fayetteville, Ark., on Friday and Saturday, March 8-9.
At the conclusion of the indoor season, Utah State will take a week off before jumping into the outdoor season at three different meets. USU will send athletes to the Texas Relays in Austin, Texas, Wednesday through Saturday, March 27-30. Athletes will also travel to compete at the Stanford Invitational in Stanford, Calif., as well as the UVU Collegiate Invitational in Orem on Friday and Saturday, March 29-30.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 116
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 32
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21