USU track: four Aggies will represent USU track & field at Washington's UW Final Qualifier Friday
Utah State's women's and men's track & field teams will send four athletes to compete in the University of Washington's UW Final Qualifier at Dempsey Indoor Track in Seattle, Wash., on Friday, March 1.
Senior Alex Litzsinger and freshman Tylee Newman will represent the USU women as they compete in the 3,000m, while freshman Briton Page and senior Tyler Killpack will run in the men's 800m.
"Alex and Tylee are going to run in the 3,000m, while Tyler and Briton will run in the 800m. We wanted to give them an opportunity to run a little faster. At the conference tournament, they had to do a lot of things, so this is one last shot at qualifying for the NCAA championships," head coach Gregg Gensel said.
Action for Utah State at the Dempsey Indoor Track begins at 8:40 p.m. (MT) Friday, with Page and Killpack in the 800m, while Litzsinger and Newman will race at 9 in the 3,000m.
Those athletes who qualify in top 16 of their individual events, or the top 12 of team relay events, will compete at the NCAA Indoor Championship meet in Fayetteville, Ark., on Friday and Saturday, March 8-9.
At the conclusion of the indoor season, Utah State will take a week off before jumping into the outdoor season at three different meets. USU will send athletes to the Texas Relays in Austin, Texas, Wednesday through Saturday, March 27-30. Athletes will also travel to compete at the Stanford Invitational in Stanford, Calif., as well as the UVU Collegiate Invitational in Orem on Friday and Saturday, March 29-30.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48