USU gymnastics: Aggies ready to conclude road swing at Sacramento State Friday
Finishing a three-meet road trip, Utah State gymnastics will face-off with Sacramento State in a Western Athletic Conference meet in Sacramento on Friday, March 1. Action from the Nest will get underway at 8 p.m. (MT).
The Aggies are coming off a tough quad-meet at Denver last weekend where they finished fourth to then-ranked No. 13 Denver, No. 16 Boise State at Rutgers with a score of 192.150.
The Hornets are 3-9 on the season with a 1-1 WAC record. The team is averaging a score of 193.829 with a Regional Qualifying Score of 194.090, putting them at No. 40 in the Troester/Gym Info rankings. The Hornet’s high score came at a dual-meet at Southern Utah, where they lost with a score of 195.250.
As WAC rivals, the Aggies and Hornets meet on a consistent basis. Overall, Sacramento State leads the series, 12-7. The two schools competed twice in the 2012 season, both times at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
The first meeting was a part of the regular season where the Aggies came out ahead, 193.875. The Hornets then returned to Logan for the WAC Championship meet. While Denver claimed the title with a 196.350, less than one point separated the remaining four schools. Sacramento State finished second with a 195.675, while Utah State finished fifth with a 194.775.
After a long stretch on the road, the Aggies have a quick turnaround as they will return to the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum to host in-state rival BYU on Monday, March 4 at 7 p.m. As part of the Family Night promotion, fans will receive a free children's ticket with every adult ticket purchase.
Live results for Friday's meet are available by clicking on the "Live Results" link on the USU website that will redirect to Sacramento State's website. There will not be a video feed available for Saturday's action and the live stats link will only work once the meet has started.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- 'We're not going to stop'
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Photos: Olympian Noelle Pikus-Pace speaks to...
- No money for House Speaker Becky Lockhart's...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 34
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 12