Utah Jazz: Slumping, short-handed squad trying to remain 'positive'
In March, Utah has a four-game road swing in Milwaukee, Cleveland, Chicago and New York next week, an ominous Oklahoma City visit, and a Texas tripleheader trek against Houston, San Antonio and Dallas.
That's daunting for a short-handed squad that has only won 10 of 29 games outside of the 801 area code.
"It's not going to get any easier for us," Corbin said. "Hopefully, we get healthy sooner than later and get beginning to feel better about how we're playing, and everything else will take care of itself."
Watson said the injuries are just another obstacle to be overcome as the Jazz try to "build character." His suggestion is for the Jazz to focus on being "the best team we can be each day," and not worry about negative influences.
"It starts with us taking away positive things. It can make our fans more happy about what we're doing," Watson said. "No one on this team wants to lose. No one wants to go through struggles, moments where guys get injured, rotation lineup changes. No one wants to do that."
Added Watson: There's always an obstacle. Life is unpredictable. So is basketball. I think the main thing right now — no matter what, just stay positive."
JAZZ NOTES: Jazz players visited 10 schools Thursday along the Wasatch Front and read to elementary students as part of the organization's "Be A Team Player — Read" contest. Along with being read to by a Jazz player, the winning student bodies earned ice cream parties. Nearly 21,500 students read for 17.2 million minutes during the challenge. Randy Foye needs one 3-pointer to set a new record for 3-pointers in a single season by a Jazz player. He currently has a career-high 129 3s, tied with Mehmet Okur (2006-07). It's possible lineup changes could be in order tonight, even if all players are healthy enough to go. "We'll revisit some things," Corbin said, "and see what gives us the best chance."
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 139
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 90
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 70
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29