Utah Jazz: Slumping, short-handed squad trying to remain 'positive'
In March, Utah has a four-game road swing in Milwaukee, Cleveland, Chicago and New York next week, an ominous Oklahoma City visit, and a Texas tripleheader trek against Houston, San Antonio and Dallas.
That's daunting for a short-handed squad that has only won 10 of 29 games outside of the 801 area code.
"It's not going to get any easier for us," Corbin said. "Hopefully, we get healthy sooner than later and get beginning to feel better about how we're playing, and everything else will take care of itself."
Watson said the injuries are just another obstacle to be overcome as the Jazz try to "build character." His suggestion is for the Jazz to focus on being "the best team we can be each day," and not worry about negative influences.
"It starts with us taking away positive things. It can make our fans more happy about what we're doing," Watson said. "No one on this team wants to lose. No one wants to go through struggles, moments where guys get injured, rotation lineup changes. No one wants to do that."
Added Watson: There's always an obstacle. Life is unpredictable. So is basketball. I think the main thing right now — no matter what, just stay positive."
JAZZ NOTES: Jazz players visited 10 schools Thursday along the Wasatch Front and read to elementary students as part of the organization's "Be A Team Player — Read" contest. Along with being read to by a Jazz player, the winning student bodies earned ice cream parties. Nearly 21,500 students read for 17.2 million minutes during the challenge. Randy Foye needs one 3-pointer to set a new record for 3-pointers in a single season by a Jazz player. He currently has a career-high 129 3s, tied with Mehmet Okur (2006-07). It's possible lineup changes could be in order tonight, even if all players are healthy enough to go. "We'll revisit some things," Corbin said, "and see what gives us the best chance."
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 64
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22