I’ve talked about what a sweet tooth my husband has. If the house is void of cookies, pies or some other sweet treats, he will go into a panic. He even has two categories of cereals — breakfast cereal and dessert cereal. However, he only reverts to cereal if there are no home-baked treats around.
In other words, he is a spoiled sweet tooth and I basically feed into that. There can never be enough sweetness around our house, so I have a number of quick and easy treats that I can quickly bake up for my favorite sweetie.
One of his all-time favorites is my version of monkey bread. This sweet and gooey treat is super easy to make, which can be bad and good. He loves it so much; it is often gone within minutes.
The ingredients are simple and usually on hand, and if you have children, this is a recipe they love to help with. But have plenty of napkins ready — this pull-apart dish is covered in sticky goodness.
BELLE'S MONKEY BREAD
2 canisters of refrigerated biscuits
¼ cup butter, melted
¼ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pop open the biscuits. Tear each biscuit in half and roll into a ball. Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll each dough ball into the melted butter and then in the sugar mixture. Place in an 8-by-8-inch baking pan. Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 20 minutes. Serve warm by pulling apart.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into life...
- Understanding love, handling conflict, other...
- Don't underestimate the glitter and the pink:...
- Mother, former LDS seminary teacher creates...
- Stop looking for a soul mate, BYU professor...
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon for...
- UTubers: Gardiner Sisters release One...
- World-famous DJ Kaskade to perform free...
- Parents who have no problem getting... 7
- Teens are shopping more like their... 6
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into... 3
- World-famous DJ Kaskade to perform free... 2
- Why parents and teachers should talk... 2
- How to keep your child from becoming a... 1
- Calling someone 'skinny' is not a... 1