I’ve talked about what a sweet tooth my husband has. If the house is void of cookies, pies or some other sweet treats, he will go into a panic. He even has two categories of cereals — breakfast cereal and dessert cereal. However, he only reverts to cereal if there are no home-baked treats around.
In other words, he is a spoiled sweet tooth and I basically feed into that. There can never be enough sweetness around our house, so I have a number of quick and easy treats that I can quickly bake up for my favorite sweetie.
One of his all-time favorites is my version of monkey bread. This sweet and gooey treat is super easy to make, which can be bad and good. He loves it so much; it is often gone within minutes.
The ingredients are simple and usually on hand, and if you have children, this is a recipe they love to help with. But have plenty of napkins ready — this pull-apart dish is covered in sticky goodness.
BELLE'S MONKEY BREAD
2 canisters of refrigerated biscuits
¼ cup butter, melted
¼ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pop open the biscuits. Tear each biscuit in half and roll into a ball. Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll each dough ball into the melted butter and then in the sugar mixture. Place in an 8-by-8-inch baking pan. Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 20 minutes. Serve warm by pulling apart.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- Early diagnosis may be key in slowing...
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah man...
- Disney's 'Brave' makeover sparks fury from...
- Viral photos encourage moms to 'set aside the...
- Hundreds of volunteers tackle service...
- Men experience the pains of labor through...
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- A crash course in 'Star Trek' for non-Trekkies
- L.A. filmmaker tries to re-brand... 10
- New app helps consumers purchase... 9
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 9
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah... 9
- Utah lawmakers look to regulate child... 8
- Man exonerated after 15 years in prison... 5
- Men experience the pains of labor... 5
- Utah lawmakers look to regulate child... 4