I’ve talked about what a sweet tooth my husband has. If the house is void of cookies, pies or some other sweet treats, he will go into a panic. He even has two categories of cereals — breakfast cereal and dessert cereal. However, he only reverts to cereal if there are no home-baked treats around.
In other words, he is a spoiled sweet tooth and I basically feed into that. There can never be enough sweetness around our house, so I have a number of quick and easy treats that I can quickly bake up for my favorite sweetie.
One of his all-time favorites is my version of monkey bread. This sweet and gooey treat is super easy to make, which can be bad and good. He loves it so much; it is often gone within minutes.
The ingredients are simple and usually on hand, and if you have children, this is a recipe they love to help with. But have plenty of napkins ready — this pull-apart dish is covered in sticky goodness.
BELLE'S MONKEY BREAD
2 canisters of refrigerated biscuits
¼ cup butter, melted
¼ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pop open the biscuits. Tear each biscuit in half and roll into a ball. Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll each dough ball into the melted butter and then in the sugar mixture. Place in an 8-by-8-inch baking pan. Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 20 minutes. Serve warm by pulling apart.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- Family walks from Disneyland to Disney World...
- BYU's Vocal Point releases new video with The...
- The Clean Cut: 'Kid History' stars create...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: For Mother's Day,...
- 18 TV mothers you wish were your own
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- Summer camps with a mission: To create...
- Britain's new princess can't expect...
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson... 6
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price... 6
- Parents, do your kids trust the... 5
- Britain's new princess can't expect... 4
- BYU's Vocal Point releases new video... 4
- Linda & Richard Eyre: For Mother's Day,... 3
- The little-known benefit to cleaning... 2
- One thing parents are more worried... 2