“Return of the Gunfighter” (Warner Archive, 1967, $18.95, trailer). Robert Taylor stars in his final Western (and one of his last lead roles) as an innocent ex-con seeking peace until the murder of an old friend sends him on a quest for revenge. Made for television but good enough to have been a theatrical film (which it was overseas).
“A Killer Among Friends” (Warner Archive, 1992, $18.95). Based-on-a-true-story murder mystery has Patty Duke trying to solve the murder of her daughter (Tiffani Thiessen), assisted by the the girl’s best friend, with shocking results. Well-made TV movie helped by a solid cast.
“The Third Girl From the Left” (Warner Archive, 1973, $18.95). On the downhill slide, career-wise but not talent-wise, Kim Novak and Tony Curtis make their TV-movie debuts with this soap opera about an aging chorus girl in a go-nowhere romance with a lounge lizard, which sends her into the arms of a much younger man. So-so script, supporting players are up and down, but Novak and Curtis keep it afloat.
“Confidentially Connie” (Warner Archive, 1953, b/w, $18.95). The unlikely writing team of Max Shulman (“The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis”) and Herman Wouk (“The Caine Mutiny”) is responsible for this farce about a pregnant housewife (Janet Leigh) pushing her college professor husband (Van Johnson) to find a more lucrative position, leading her wealthy father to try and rope him into the family cattle business.
“Kiss in the Dark” (Warner Archive, 1949, b/w, $18.95, trailer). Romantic comedy has uptight concert pianist David Niven finding he's a landlord, and when he meets one of his tenants, perky photographer's model Jane Wyman, he starts to loosen up.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- 'The Voice' gives Tanner Linford a chance to...
- Bill Murray shines as 'St. Vincent'
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap?
- Utah families strive to raise awareness of...
- Marvel superheroes power up 'Disney Infinity...
- Pumpkins grown at prison delivered to children
- Classic films to help make your Halloween...
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 16
- Old-fashioned soda shops making... 3
- San Francisco radio stations ban hit... 2
- Oh, Internet. Why you gotta be so rude?... 1
- Classic films to help make your... 1
- Foreign films lead new movies on... 1
- Horror cliches abound in tedious 'Ouija' 1
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap? 1