“Return of the Gunfighter” (Warner Archive, 1967, $18.95, trailer). Robert Taylor stars in his final Western (and one of his last lead roles) as an innocent ex-con seeking peace until the murder of an old friend sends him on a quest for revenge. Made for television but good enough to have been a theatrical film (which it was overseas).
“A Killer Among Friends” (Warner Archive, 1992, $18.95). Based-on-a-true-story murder mystery has Patty Duke trying to solve the murder of her daughter (Tiffani Thiessen), assisted by the the girl’s best friend, with shocking results. Well-made TV movie helped by a solid cast.
“The Third Girl From the Left” (Warner Archive, 1973, $18.95). On the downhill slide, career-wise but not talent-wise, Kim Novak and Tony Curtis make their TV-movie debuts with this soap opera about an aging chorus girl in a go-nowhere romance with a lounge lizard, which sends her into the arms of a much younger man. So-so script, supporting players are up and down, but Novak and Curtis keep it afloat.
“Confidentially Connie” (Warner Archive, 1953, b/w, $18.95). The unlikely writing team of Max Shulman (“The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis”) and Herman Wouk (“The Caine Mutiny”) is responsible for this farce about a pregnant housewife (Janet Leigh) pushing her college professor husband (Van Johnson) to find a more lucrative position, leading her wealthy father to try and rope him into the family cattle business.
“Kiss in the Dark” (Warner Archive, 1949, b/w, $18.95, trailer). Romantic comedy has uptight concert pianist David Niven finding he's a landlord, and when he meets one of his tenants, perky photographer's model Jane Wyman, he starts to loosen up.
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of...
- Sundance's 'Fiddler' makes tradition fun, fresh
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Big on opera: Utah Opera's artistic director...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting... 2
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2