“Return of the Gunfighter” (Warner Archive, 1967, $18.95, trailer). Robert Taylor stars in his final Western (and one of his last lead roles) as an innocent ex-con seeking peace until the murder of an old friend sends him on a quest for revenge. Made for television but good enough to have been a theatrical film (which it was overseas).
“A Killer Among Friends” (Warner Archive, 1992, $18.95). Based-on-a-true-story murder mystery has Patty Duke trying to solve the murder of her daughter (Tiffani Thiessen), assisted by the the girl’s best friend, with shocking results. Well-made TV movie helped by a solid cast.
“The Third Girl From the Left” (Warner Archive, 1973, $18.95). On the downhill slide, career-wise but not talent-wise, Kim Novak and Tony Curtis make their TV-movie debuts with this soap opera about an aging chorus girl in a go-nowhere romance with a lounge lizard, which sends her into the arms of a much younger man. So-so script, supporting players are up and down, but Novak and Curtis keep it afloat.
“Confidentially Connie” (Warner Archive, 1953, b/w, $18.95). The unlikely writing team of Max Shulman (“The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis”) and Herman Wouk (“The Caine Mutiny”) is responsible for this farce about a pregnant housewife (Janet Leigh) pushing her college professor husband (Van Johnson) to find a more lucrative position, leading her wealthy father to try and rope him into the family cattle business.
“Kiss in the Dark” (Warner Archive, 1949, b/w, $18.95, trailer). Romantic comedy has uptight concert pianist David Niven finding he's a landlord, and when he meets one of his tenants, perky photographer's model Jane Wyman, he starts to loosen up.
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- A community of theater: Utah theater...
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with Katniss
- 'Mockingjay, Part 1' opens with $123 million
- Local theaters bringing stars,magic and...
- What's new: 'Walk Beside Me' adds vibrancy to...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- Jennifer Lawrence: Privacy loss that... 4
- FanX returns in January with 'Star... 4
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys'... 3
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming... 3
- Model-TV host Dickinson accuses Cosby... 2
- Cookbooks see growth, but slow to move... 1
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with... 1