SALT LAKE CITY — A camp for children with terminal illnesses is seeking volunteers to fill remaining positions for their upcoming season.
Camp Hobe is a specialized summer camp for children with cancer and their siblings. The camp allows participants to enjoy the outdoors, escape the confines of the hospital, and temporarily displace the fears of cancer treatment.
The camp is currently recruiting volunteers for the following summer 2013 camp sessions: June 9-14, Kids Week for campers age 6-12; June 16-21, Teen Week for campers age 12-19; and June 16-18, Day Camps for campers age 4-7.
Open positions include counselors, activity leaders, cooks, medical staff and lifeguards.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22