SALT LAKE CITY — A camp for children with terminal illnesses is seeking volunteers to fill remaining positions for their upcoming season.
Camp Hobe is a specialized summer camp for children with cancer and their siblings. The camp allows participants to enjoy the outdoors, escape the confines of the hospital, and temporarily displace the fears of cancer treatment.
The camp is currently recruiting volunteers for the following summer 2013 camp sessions: June 9-14, Kids Week for campers age 6-12; June 16-21, Teen Week for campers age 12-19; and June 16-18, Day Camps for campers age 4-7.
Open positions include counselors, activity leaders, cooks, medical staff and lifeguards.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9
- North Ogden to make Nativity display... 8