SALT LAKE CITY — A camp for children with terminal illnesses is seeking volunteers to fill remaining positions for their upcoming season.
Camp Hobe is a specialized summer camp for children with cancer and their siblings. The camp allows participants to enjoy the outdoors, escape the confines of the hospital, and temporarily displace the fears of cancer treatment.
The camp is currently recruiting volunteers for the following summer 2013 camp sessions: June 9-14, Kids Week for campers age 6-12; June 16-21, Teen Week for campers age 12-19; and June 16-18, Day Camps for campers age 4-7.
Open positions include counselors, activity leaders, cooks, medical staff and lifeguards.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 33
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 13
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9