SALT LAKE CITY — A camp for children with terminal illnesses is seeking volunteers to fill remaining positions for their upcoming season.
Camp Hobe is a specialized summer camp for children with cancer and their siblings. The camp allows participants to enjoy the outdoors, escape the confines of the hospital, and temporarily displace the fears of cancer treatment.
The camp is currently recruiting volunteers for the following summer 2013 camp sessions: June 9-14, Kids Week for campers age 6-12; June 16-21, Teen Week for campers age 12-19; and June 16-18, Day Camps for campers age 4-7.
Open positions include counselors, activity leaders, cooks, medical staff and lifeguards.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 58
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 13
- Hatch plays key role in Senate passing... 12