SALT LAKE CITY — A camp for children with terminal illnesses is seeking volunteers to fill remaining positions for their upcoming season.
Camp Hobe is a specialized summer camp for children with cancer and their siblings. The camp allows participants to enjoy the outdoors, escape the confines of the hospital, and temporarily displace the fears of cancer treatment.
The camp is currently recruiting volunteers for the following summer 2013 camp sessions: June 9-14, Kids Week for campers age 6-12; June 16-21, Teen Week for campers age 12-19; and June 16-18, Day Camps for campers age 4-7.
Open positions include counselors, activity leaders, cooks, medical staff and lifeguards.
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging at...
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer restaurant in...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 58
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 44
- U. student government passes resolution... 31
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 26
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 19
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17