SALT LAKE CITY — A camp for children with terminal illnesses is seeking volunteers to fill remaining positions for their upcoming season.
Camp Hobe is a specialized summer camp for children with cancer and their siblings. The camp allows participants to enjoy the outdoors, escape the confines of the hospital, and temporarily displace the fears of cancer treatment.
The camp is currently recruiting volunteers for the following summer 2013 camp sessions: June 9-14, Kids Week for campers age 6-12; June 16-21, Teen Week for campers age 12-19; and June 16-18, Day Camps for campers age 4-7.
Open positions include counselors, activity leaders, cooks, medical staff and lifeguards.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 13