SALT LAKE CITY — A camp for children with terminal illnesses is seeking volunteers to fill remaining positions for their upcoming season.
Camp Hobe is a specialized summer camp for children with cancer and their siblings. The camp allows participants to enjoy the outdoors, escape the confines of the hospital, and temporarily displace the fears of cancer treatment.
The camp is currently recruiting volunteers for the following summer 2013 camp sessions: June 9-14, Kids Week for campers age 6-12; June 16-21, Teen Week for campers age 12-19; and June 16-18, Day Camps for campers age 4-7.
Open positions include counselors, activity leaders, cooks, medical staff and lifeguards.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UTA offers fare for food in Utah Food Bank drive
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 33
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 12
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8