SALT LAKE CITY — A camp for children with terminal illnesses is seeking volunteers to fill remaining positions for their upcoming season.
Camp Hobe is a specialized summer camp for children with cancer and their siblings. The camp allows participants to enjoy the outdoors, escape the confines of the hospital, and temporarily displace the fears of cancer treatment.
The camp is currently recruiting volunteers for the following summer 2013 camp sessions: June 9-14, Kids Week for campers age 6-12; June 16-21, Teen Week for campers age 12-19; and June 16-18, Day Camps for campers age 4-7.
Open positions include counselors, activity leaders, cooks, medical staff and lifeguards.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 11